“The Tiffany Hotel saved our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tiffany Hotel

Tiffany Hotel
Ranked #22 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Sydney, Australia
“The Tiffany Hotel saved our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

First of all, I cannot recommend the Tiffany hotel enough after our stay!

Our trip to Geneva began under terrible circumstances - having booked accommodation with airbnb, our host never came to meet us and would not answer any of our calls! After waiting for over an hour in the cold and rain, we left to find alternative accommodation nearby.

We walked into the Tiffany hotel around 8:30pm without a booking. Luckily, they had a deluxe room available for the duration of our stay. They also gave us free wifi and free public transport cards!
It was so comforting to come into a warm, beautifully decorated room that is close to the train station and central Geneva.

Everything you need is at the hotel - wifi, computer and printer downstairs, fitness area and sauna, and the hotel restaurant.

Though our stay was short, we had all of our needs fulfilled with impeccable service. Last minute room service was fantastic (and took under 10 mins) and the staff were all extremely friendly.

I would love to stay at the Tiffany hotel again and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Geneva! Although the price of our stay was on the higher end of the scale, cost doesn't come into play when you desperately need a place to sleep for the night.

Definitely made us feel at home when we were really missing our home in Australia.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had a very good experience at Hotel Tiffany on a recent business trip to Geneva. Welcoming staff at reception, very clean and well maintained, good facilities in the room, comfortable bed, and a good breakfast. Happy to recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Uckfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was our first trip to Geneva - attending the second part of a family wedding.I had looked at many hotels and this was always my first choice. It was great. We arrived at 10am and our room was ready which was lovely.The staff are very friendly - as are most of the people in the city. The room was very nice and I loved the Art-Deco. The hotel is in the older area so more lovely buildings.
It is a five minute walk to the river and a 10/15 minute walk to the fountain area. The bus service is amazing with free travel - you get cards from the hotel. That evening we had supper in the restaurant and again the staff, service and food was first class. The Swiss wine is rather nice!
Although an expensive city it is well worth it - would love to go again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Istanbul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Tiffany Hotel is conveniently located within 15 minutes walk from the city centre. It's an efficient hotel that would cater for most of the needs of a business traveller. It has a good restaurant. Some guests may find the rooms a bit small but as long as you are not going to stay for many days that shouldn't be a matter. I stayed there a few times during the last couple of years and standard of their service has always been very very good indeed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Geneva is apparently the most expensive city in the world in which to order a club sandwich, according to the Huffington Post. It's also incredibly expensive for everything else. We chose this hotel because it was the cheapest we could find that didn't have terrible reviews. The hotel was perfectly nice, with a smart downstairs and a small but quite adequate room and bathroom. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, there was a minibar, TV, safe, hairdryer etc. The shower was powerful and the water hot, and the hotel toiletries are delicious. The only problem we had was with the temperature - a steady 25 on the thermometer and no way of controlling the heat except by turning off the radiator which made no noticeable difference. We just left the window open. For a Friday and Saturday night the price was about 180 francs per night, without breakfast - that would have been another 28 francs. Tiffany is very central and we were able to walk everywhere easily. It's also a quick bus ride from the airport, and the hotel gives out 2 day travel cards for free.

Room Tip: 504 was quiet but very hot
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank reviewer069
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

It has been years since I stayed here, as, wrongly, I found it far from the center. Actually is only a 5 to 10 minutes from the center and just across a street from the banking center of Geneva. Rooms are nice, although in the small size typical of Geneva´s hotels. Service is good, friendly and sincerely, apart from a small trick to use the door cards to open your room, I found nothing to complain about. This is not the Alden in Zürich or the Trois Rois of Basel, but I found it comfortable enough and a good relation price/service for Geneva. Only minor issue, they have a brand new and nice looking lounge, but I never found what for. Also a bit issue, the service at the bar is a bit slow.

Room Tip: check how to use your door lock (use your card, pull up and then down... - crazy but it works)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed two nights at the Tiffany Hotel in Geneva for business in February 2014. The hotel was chosen due to its proximity to the client I needed to visit. I was not very convinced by the pictures in the hotel web site, and upon entering the hotel, I was puzzled by the curtain surrounding the entrance. The reception staff was friendly and all went as expected. I was given a printout with wifi password and as a nice surprise a complimentary pass for Geneva public transportation.

The deluxe room in 4th floor was a bit funny shaped, but quite nice. The only problem with the room was the fact that the toilet paper holder was too close to the seat; I managed to scratch my leg with it a few times. This, though, is not unusual to a tall person. The bed was comfortable and the two large and two small pillows were nice. TV had a broad selection of channels in many languages, and some sort of internet service which I did not try. The wifi I was given the access codes to refused the connections from my laptop and iPhone. I called the reception and was given the password for another network which worked well. A colleague of mine whose room was two floors directly below me had managed to connect to the original network, and he said that network was very slow. Although my room was facing the elevator, I slept well in the room; the second night there was some noise from the street, but as I had to work until late, it was quiet by the time I went to bed.

I went once to the hotel gym, which was not very well equipped; just a threadmill, exercise bike and a nordic walker, along with a TechnoGym upper body exercise device, which would have required instructions or an instructor to figure out. There were also a complimentary sauna and hammam, which require 20 minutes heating time. I did not try them, but my colleague said the Finnish sauna was OK. In addition there was some sort of therapy room with additional charge. Did not try that.

The breakfast was very good. Most foods were portioned in individual jars, bottles, and dishes, but the number was not limited. My rate did not include breakfast, and the charged rate was quite high to pay out of own pocket, but in line with the quality. I ate once a dinner at the hotel, and the food was very tasty, and the portion just right size.

All in all, the Tiffany Hotel was a pleasant experience, expensive, but not out of line for Geneva price level. Location is good, walking distance from the old town.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business