“Nice design hotel - albeit strange service”
Review of Hotel N'vY

Hotel N'vY
Ranked #14 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice design hotel - albeit strange service”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated for my trip since it is just a few blocks from the OHCHR in Palais Wilson and also close to the railwaystation.

The rooms are defintely nicely appointed and it is a design hotel. A very nice bed, and plenty of space. I found the bathroom a bit odd with a black toilet, but the shower was really nice. The soundproofing is definetely an issue though. I had a couple of families staying in my corridor and the door stopped barely nothing of the noises that they constantly made.

The thing that faults this hotel is the service. I did feel that the staff tried their best but I can't describe the service as anything but a bit strange. While checking in the lady in the reception answered the phone repeatedly and also assisted other guests resulting in the check-in taking almost 10 minutes despite no que. Also at check out and during my stay the staff felt disorganised and a bit clueless.

All in all it is a nice hotel with good rooms and a good location. But they do need to sort out the sound isolation and polish their staff.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators since the soundproofing is poor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank erhel
dblanc, C.Lamarche Deputy Manager at Hotel N'vY, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
We thank you for your comment. Such feedbacks will help us to continue to improve our services. We are loooking forward to welcome you back for a next trip to Geneva.
With our best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 September 2013

we spend two nights here in Geneva. This hotel is close to the "red light district" but extremely safe, after all it is Geneva not Philadelphia!! It's extremely close to the lake and shopping, all walking distance. The rooms are HUGE!! well appointed hotel, discounts offered at the bar, etc. I really enjoyed staying here. The staff is also very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
dblanc, C. Lamarche Deputy Manager at Hotel N'vY, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
What a nice comment! Thank you ! And thank you for sharing it with the Tripadvisor community. We are glad you enjoyed the bar too and we will pass your comment to our staff. Looking forward to welcome you back and with our warm regards.
C. Lamarche Deputy Manager
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 days in May, it's the best hotel in Geneva for me till now (stayed in 6 of them). Great location, not far from lake, near international institutions and even it's nice to have walk to the centre and old town.

Great, modern, spacious and spotlessly clean rooms and bathrooms! Great breakfast even for demanding folks, very pleasant and bright restaurant and bar to spend first morning moments, transforming later in the day and evening to appealing place to have a drink or dinner.

Btw. all the staff is surprisingly friendly and efficient, much different from other Manotel hotels in Geneva. But, as I found, most of them didn't worked in other hotels from that group, so obviously they are "fresh blood" that passed through some good educational drill!

All together, I will be very happy to return here again!

• Stayed May 2013
dblanc, C.Lamarche Deputy Manager at Hotel N'vY, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for your nice comment! We will pass it on to our staff ! We are glad you liked the hotel N'vY that much and loooking forward to welcome you back.
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here and absolutely loved it. The hotel is very cool and has some amazing art work in the lobby and lounge area. The restaurant is also excellent and the staff was absolutely wonderful throughout the hotel/bar and restaurant, especially the bartender, Pierre. The rooms are small but were very clean and have mood lighting, which was different We are from NY/NJ and the hotel was a perfect replica of a modern boutique hotel you would find in NYC these days. So they totally nailed the theme of the hotel. For us it was like like home away from home but with a twist.

dblanc, C. Lamarche at Hotel N'vY, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
What a great comment! Thank you and thank you for sharing it with the tripadvisor community. From our side we will share it with our staff. We would be very happy to welcome you back for a next trip to Geneva.
With our warm regards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a very colorful, trendy design hotel but the staff haven't forgotten their main purpose: servicing the guests. Contrary to some so called "design" the hotel provided excellent comfort in all respects: furniture, bed, bathroom. We didn't try the bar or the restaurants but I am sure they will be at the same level as the rest of this great hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly and everything was well organised, like Swiss clockwork.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
dblanc, C.Lamarche Deputy Manager at Hotel N'vY, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your very nice comment. We will forward it to our staff. We would be glad to welcome you back for a next trip to Geneva.
Gold Canyon, Arizona
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The decor of the hotel is hip and trendy with bright colors and contemporary decor. This is in contrast to some of the other Geneva hotels which scream "old world".The service was welcoming and always pleasant when I called down to the desk. The breakfast buffet was nothing special but only 19 swiss francs so I could not complain. What did upset me, however, was that the electrical outlets by the bed shut off automatically when the room lights go out (I called maintenance and this is a fact). Consequently, I was not able to plug in my sleep apnea machine by my bed but had to do so in the outlets by the desk. This created a trip hazard when I went to the bathroom. I am all for saving energy but this goes a bit too far. People travel with many things that need to be plugged in by their beds at night and this is really a hassle. In addition, the tv needed a full page of instructions to figure it out and the bath/shower a card of instructions. When I am tired, this is one complication I don't need. Lastly, I had paid for an upgraded executive room, as I was traveling with my mother and it certainly did not feel like a large room. I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Debbie H
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 September 2013

walking around at night, you will be watched and possibly approached by what appears to be a gang of pimp/drug dealers. keep your head up and walk fast and if they cross the street to your side for no apparent reason, you need to be very alert, walk faster, make yourself large, stare them down, whatever.

ok, that brings us to the bar. think electronic pop music blaring, mood lighting, or purple flourescent light as we used to call it, and furniture that is designed to make sure you won't stay in it for long.

having said all of that, the room is very nice, bed is comfortable, nice and quiet - make sure you ask for away from the elevator.

Room Tip: high floor, away from the elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
dblanc, C. Lamarche Deputy Manager at Hotel N'vY, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is always important to us so that we can continue to improve our services. Sorry that you did not like the bar that much, next time, please try the Tag's Café, the ambiance is quite different or you may appreciate the bar in our sister Hotel Royal. It offers "a cocoon of homely warmth and voluptuous comfort".
C.Lamarche