“A great place to stay”
Review of Hotel N'vY

Hotel N'vY
Ranked #14 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Booked here on a whim after staying near the airport to go to the motor show.
Easy to get to - tram stops right at the top of the road and runs every 7 minutes to Cornavin or south of the river.

Bed was superb, room clean and modern and very comfy bed.

Will be returning next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
dblanc, C. Lamarche Hotel Director at Hotel N'vY, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

We thank you for your nice comment about our hotel N'vY. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to welcome you next year!

With our warm regards

Reviewed 8 March 2014

A great trip to Geneva included this quirky and lovely hotel. Situated about half way between the Nations (where the UN is) and the town it's easier if you use the trams to get about but they're just so good and reliable it's not a problem and you get a free pass for them from the hotel. It's very near the local 'ferry' too. We had a family room, fully expecting to be falling over each other with the two of us and our 15yr old son - far from it - we had interconnecting rooms so a delighted teenage boy basically had his own room. Bed's great, beautifully clean, the food, bar etc really good too. If I was desperate to find fault I'd say the breakfasts weren't that good - particularly when delivered to your room . . . but as I say compared to everything else it wasn't an issue. The staff are frankly the nicest I've known in a long time - really helpful but not in your face. Really recommend!

Room Tip: If you want a family room make sure you get the interconnecting rooms . . . really good value!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your really nice comment! We will forward it to our staff. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel so much and are taking your comment seriously. We are looking forward to welcome you back and with our best regards.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Nice location, very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable and immaculate room, great view of the lake (I chose a room with the view of course), reasonable price considering that Geneva is a quite expensive city.

There are lots of restaurants near by but the hotel also offers variations of good food and the ambiance of the bar and restaurant is very nice. I really enjoyed my time staying there.

Will definitely stay there again if I come to Geneva.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
dblanc, C. Lamarche Hotel Director at Hotel N'vY, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We thank you very much for your nice comment. We will forward it to our staff and we would be glad to welcome you back for your next stay in Geneva.

With our warm regards

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is a beautifully modern and funky hotel – a one of a kind in Geneva. The cocktail bar in the hotel lobby is really worth a visit even if you’re not a hotel resident.

I agree that the staff are wonderful and the rooms are very comfortable, especially the bed and pillows. I did however find the superior room a bit small compared to other superior rooms in the Manotel Group hotels (namely Hotel Kipling). I wasn’t a huge fan of the glass wall bathroom and black toilet, but the rainforest shower head was wonderful & everything was spotlessly clean.

One negative point I do have to make however is the lack of soundproofing between rooms and floors. Because of the wooden floors peoples every move can be heard from upstairs and the rooms next door. The soundproofing between rooms really should also be addressed. Two evenings during my stay I was treated to Oscar winning performances from a couple next door, that would have put Meg Ryan’s famous Deli scene in When Harry Met Sally to shame! :-) The walls must be extremely thin as I haven’t experienced this in other Mantel Group hotels I’ve stayed in.

Would I return? Yes I would, but I’d request a room with thicker walls! :-) The hotel is really beautiful but you have to be a fan of funky, bright and modern, which I am.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
dblanc, C.Lamarche Hotel Director at Hotel N'vY, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for your nice comment about hotel N'vY. Such feedbacks are always very interesting to get. We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next trip to Geneva,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very well located, close to the train station, excellent service, good food, friendly staff. Everything worked well in the room. Only a few minutes from Lake Geneva. Easy access to the public transit system. This is what you wish for when you reserve an hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
dblanc, C. Lamarche Hotel Director at Hotel N'vY, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your great feedback! We will forward to it to our staff. And we would all be very glad to welcome you back.

With our besr regards

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have mixed feelings about this hotel.
For the big ticket things, there was no problem. The staff were absolutely great, food in the restaurant was fine and the room comfortable, especially the bed. Rain showerhead was lovely. Internet was mostly good, and the room was wired for connectivity.

However I found the aesthetics a little off-putting - it was edgy but I found it a little discomforting and not homey. Don't get me wrong - I chose the hotel because I like graffiti, and modern/minimal aesthetics.
It was a mix of little things:
- the mood lighting was just, well, odd - and the fact that despite turning it off, the switch kept flashing thru the night, waking me up;
- Black toilets are disconcerting;
- having to wheel my bag up a ramp next to a short set of stairs showed a lack of thought in design - I found that awkward with my small computer case, much less my larger luggage case;

And I do like my coffee, yet despite having a great looking proper espresso machine in the bar, when dining in the restaurant they went out to a push-button machine in the 'cafe' which produced something akin to dishwater and was essentially undrinkable. I am fussy about my coffee, but put up with a range of outputs when I travel and this was the worst I experienced this month-long trip.

Would I visit again, probably not. I'd probably give another hotel a try...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Omowizard
dblanc, C.Lamarche Hotel Director at Hotel N'vY, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your interesting comment. Such feedbacks are important for us as they help to continue to improve our services. As you may know the Manotel group owns 6 hotels, so you may try another one from our group. Please feel free to contact us for more information.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I've used this hotel several times now, as it represents about the best value for money in Geneva. Funky, clean, tidy rooms where all electrical items work properly (sadly a rarely in my experience!). Friendly, helpful staff throughout the hotel add to the experience.

The cocktail bar serves excellent and interesting cocktails and the restaurant food was first class if a little expensive (this is Switzerland). I would recommend this hotel for business or leisure but make sure you get rooms on the interior of the hotel, as the area is not great and nights can be very noisy (drunk youths) if you're street-side.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your nice comment about our hotel We are glad you enjoyed the experience. We will forward your feedback to our staff and we would be all very glad to welcome you back.

Christine Lamarche