“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #27 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Stockholm
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I arrived at Hotel Royal and discovered to my shock and surprise that my reservation was for the month before my intended stay. I had booked the wrong month and was faced with a no-show charge and no room. To my great relief though, the hotel had vacancies and I was offered to get a room and a discount corresponding to the no-show charge for my failed reservation. What a relief! I was so happy that Denis at the front desk helped me out. He also helped me with the wording on my receipts so that I would have no problem explaing expensing the trip. I call this first class service! The rest of the stay was very good. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Somewhat more tradtional than my taste, but I enjoyed it very much. Internet worked very well. I didn't try the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BastianStockholm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great hotel,the staff at front desk were so helpful. We went to Geneva for the motor show and the hotel was ideally located ,middle oif Geneva ,two minutes from the train station and 7 mins by train to the Show plus the hotel gave us unlimited travel passes for our stay.
The hotel itself is beautiful and we had a lovely Superior Room with a sectioned off tv area .Faultless with beautiful decor.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here with out two kids and we loved that we could walk to all big attractions down to the lake, very centrally located. The staff were also friendly, they kept our bags for a week while we toured europe! will stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Good: staff pleasant & helpful, rooms not too bad & well equipped, beds comfortable, nice lobby area and good inhouse restaurant apparently (we didn't eat dinner though). Some nice sauna facilities also. Hotel provides ticket for local travel (bus, tram) for duration of stay.

Not so good: bedrooms back onto mainline Geneva rail station, so not only noisy but whole room shakes as trains pass through every 15 mins or so - we were at the rear of the hotel. Location not brilliant, edge of the red light and not very safe ( for Switzerland). Decor very tired outside of the main lobby. Parking charges extortionate (CHF 45/ night).

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank d8smt
West Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

In general, I am not overly impressed with Geneva hotels and this one was no different. The location is ok. Its a few blocks from Cornavin train station, so getting around is easy. The larger rooms looked very nice, but the standard room in tiny. I had to maneuver around doors and furniture to get anywhere. It was relatively quite though. My first room, immediately across from the elevator was noisy, but a little larger than the one I was moved to. It was quite though and functional. The lighting is not great, so it's not a great place to do work. For sleeping it is absolutely fine. I found the young man at the front desk to have an attitude, but the rest of the staff were quite nice. It is Very convenient having the Coop grocery store immediately across the street. I usually go to Manor, which although the quality of food and variety is much better, is much more expensive. There is also a tram that goes to Nacions right outside the door.

Room Tip: if rooms other than a standard single room are available, it's probably worth the extra cost. T...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LoisPD1
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We had the luxury room in their annexe this time, and the bathroom was really second to none, with separate toilet and walk in shower, very clean and modern. How water like the Niagra Falls.

The other big plus is that it is so easy to get to from the Airport or Station. From the Airport, make sure you get your free Geneva travel ticket from a before you leave the baggage area. Trains are fast and frequent. From the station find the tram stop 15 to Nations. It is easy to leave the station by the wrong entrance. Go down the escalators to the shopping are and out that way, not the "back entrance". The trams are also frequent. Just one stop and your are outside the hotel.

If you are going to the UN complex - which is well worth a visit as a tourist - just stay on the 15.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter H
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

The location is not fantastic, like all of the Manotel hôtels in Geneva, but it has a good quality/price relation. The reception staff were very helpful and efficient. The only thing was that the air conditioning was not working and hotel staff told me that in winter it is switched off. This is strange as it was way too hot in the room and to make matters worse you cannot even open the window.
Although the hotel was generally ok, I will try to avoid it in the future and rather stay in one of the other Manotel hôtels as I find the Auteuil and the Kipling hôtels (virtually next door) more pleasant and, more importantly, more recent.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business