“hotel international and terminus”

International et Terminus
Ranked #54 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 16 July 2012

we stayed at this hotel on 7th to 14th july2012,i had previously phoned ahead to book two single beds,twin room,but when we got there we were shown to a room with a double bed,on 6th floor,room looked ok,but unsuitable because of bed,so asked for twin room,as requested,my other request which was once again phoned ahead for,was for the most quitest room possible in the hotel,after first room being unsuitable,as per original request,we were then shown to a room with twin beds on the 4th floor(407)which we were assured,was one of the quitest in the hotel,when the door was opened,we were hit by the most horrendous smell,there was no window open,(it was very hot and humid in geneva at this time),but this smelt more like a sanitory smell,as no other twin room available,we stayed in this room,as there was no air con,in the room,because of the heat,we had to open the window,to be met by a lot of noise,from the street bars below us,which persisted right through the night,for the 7 nights we stayed,there was no noise with the window closed,but with no air con,and the heat and humidity,this was impossible to do,(literally couldnt breath),to be fair,a small desk fan was provided also when window was closed,the original smell,already described,reappeared, ,the room facilities were standard,en-suite shower and bath,(had to take plug out,as bath slow to empty,when taking a shower,power shower,there is a hairdryer,built into the bathroom wall,(the type you find on gym changing room walls,so no stylers for the ladies) not much shelf space,for your cosmetics etc,one shelf,the room is a reasonable size,and there is a room safe,one wardrobe,there is a pay to view tv,and pay to use phone,the breakfast is standard,cold continental breakfast,with some meats provided,main advantage of hotel,is central,and within 300 yards,of main railway station,ohh yes had problem finding their adapters to fit our bought in uk continental adapters to fit our phone chargers,my wifes stylers,etc,(finally found one,looked like a stack system one into the other)when i went down to main desk for help ,spent an hour,waiting to be seen,while someone else was being dealt with,the main plus was the verandah restaurant attached to the hotel,excellent 3 course meal for about 42 swiss francs,excellent service,price not cheap,but what is in geneva,the other plus was the service given at breakfast,by the sole blond waitress a difficult job,in a helpful and friendly manner,and always with a smile

Room Tip: 6th floor junior suite look good,but not sure if twin beds available(none in our case)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 July 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel 06/13-06/16. The room was good and the location was good too,but the front desk staff was extremely rude and unhelpful. I will not recommend the hotel to anyone.
Susan

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I read a lot of reviews of this hotel before arriving in Geneva. The front desk clerk was courteous and the hotel lobby was not big, but clean. My room was rather small, but that was what I expected. There was no air-con or thermo control. I opened the window and it was very noisy since my window faced the street and the train station. However, I was prepared. I used my earplugs in bed and they practically blocked off all the noise except the siren noise.

The shower was also small. A big guy wouldn't be able to move in there. The whole bathroom was small, but it was ok to me. There was just one single bed against the wall. The mattress was bit soft, but it was adequate.

Breakfast was good and the restaurant was well organized and clean.

I didn't expect much and this hotel met my expectation.

Room Tip: If you don't want street noise ask for a room away away from the street.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank xiongxiong43
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Spent three nights in this convenient hotel with two friends in May 2012. The hotel is situated in an old building, so it is a little dated but very well maintained. Beds were quite hard though, with no duvets, just a blanket over sheets (which I suppose is great during summer, though). Our room was a convenient size for three adults. It was clean and quiet, TV has several international channels. Minibar but no tea/coffee facilities. Hotel service is excellent, very helpful and polite. There is a gym in this hotel, which we however didn't use. Cold buffet breakfast but very sufficient. Very good value for money as the location is just perfect, right next to the railway station (5-10 minutes from the airport). A ten-minute walk to beautiful Lake Geneva and all the town has to offer :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2012

In a very expensive city like Geneva, it sure is nice to find a place like this hotel! My husband and I stayed there for 1 night in May 2012. Honestly the only issue is the traffic noise from the street. Bring earplugs and you won't have any problems.

We were catching a train early the next morning, so we found the location to be excellent. Geneva is a very small city in terms of square footage, so we were able to walk to everything from the hotel.

The room was very spacious! I didn't know what to expect in terms of the beds - but the Swiss standard for a marital bed is to have 2 single beds pushed together. The bed frame holds the beds together, so it is pretty much the same as 1 full sized King bed (by North American standards). The only difference is that you each have your own 1/2 sized duvet/comforter, which I thought was great!

The staff were very friendly & they had our room ready early for early check-in. We didn't bring a computer with us, and the front desk staff loaned us a laptop to use to check our email. They really went above and beyond.

Standard perks for staying anywhere in Geneva:
- The hotels give you a card for free use of public transit (buses and streetcars).
- Your train from the airport into the city of Geneva is free! You just need to get a ticket from the machine in as you are leaving the baggage claim area. Take the ticket with you and just get on the next available train. The ticket is valid for something like 2 hours.

Room Tip: Ask for one higher up, or not facing the street as traffic is noisy. Bring earplugs just in case.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swartzan
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The location is very central, being close to the train station. The hotel is clean enough, getting a bit old fashioned, though. Bathroom did not have a proper shower, only combined with the bathtub. When I had to use the shower, I had to be very careful not to get water all over the floor. In addtion, there was no more shower gel. Staff is obviously not checking everything. Also, I am not a fan of carpeted floors as they are impossible to keep clean. Breakfast was ok, self-service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at International et Terminus for work and had to book a triple room as no other type of room was available. It ended up being very expensive (even for Geneva standards) but the room was indeed huge. I heard from colleagues that the single room was quite small so I would suggest getting a double for single use if travelling solo.

The location is great, right in front of the train station (it's a 6-minute ride to the airport) and numerous buses that go to the UN and all parts of town. With just a 5-minute walk you are at the lake and with another 5 minutes you're in the old town. The more seedy part of Geneva is not far, though, so be careful which direction you go if looking for bars, restaurants, etc.

Staff are very nice and breakfast is ok, but don't expect heaps of food. No hot dishes such as scrambled eggs, bacon, etc.

Room Tip: Go for a double for single use if travelling alone; the triple room is huge (therefore expensive) an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business