we stayed at this hotel on 7th to 14th july2012,i had previously phoned ahead to book two single beds,twin room,but when we got there we were shown to a room with a double bed,on 6th floor,room looked ok,but unsuitable because of bed,so asked for twin room,as requested,my other request which was once again phoned ahead for,was for the most quitest room possible in the hotel,after first room being unsuitable,as per original request,we were then shown to a room with twin beds on the 4th floor(407)which we were assured,was one of the quitest in the hotel,when the door was opened,we were hit by the most horrendous smell,there was no window open,(it was very hot and humid in geneva at this time),but this smelt more like a sanitory smell,as no other twin room available,we stayed in this room,as there was no air con,in the room,because of the heat,we had to open the window,to be met by a lot of noise,from the street bars below us,which persisted right through the night,for the 7 nights we stayed,there was no noise with the window closed,but with no air con,and the heat and humidity,this was impossible to do,(literally couldnt breath),to be fair,a small desk fan was provided also when window was closed,the original smell,already described,reappeared, ,the room facilities were standard,en-suite shower and bath,(had to take plug out,as bath slow to empty,when taking a shower,power shower,there is a hairdryer,built into the bathroom wall,(the type you find on gym changing room walls,so no stylers for the ladies) not much shelf space,for your cosmetics etc,one shelf,the room is a reasonable size,and there is a room safe,one wardrobe,there is a pay to view tv,and pay to use phone,the breakfast is standard,cold continental breakfast,with some meats provided,main advantage of hotel,is central,and within 300 yards,of main railway station,ohh yes had problem finding their adapters to fit our bought in uk continental adapters to fit our phone chargers,my wifes stylers,etc,(finally found one,looked like a stack system one into the other)when i went down to main desk for help ,spent an hour,waiting to be seen,while someone else was being dealt with,the main plus was the verandah restaurant attached to the hotel,excellent 3 course meal for about 42 swiss francs,excellent service,price not cheap,but what is in geneva,the other plus was the service given at breakfast,by the sole blond waitress a difficult job,in a helpful and friendly manner,and always with a smile
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are looking forward to welcome you in a refurbished hotel. For your business trips, tourist stays with the family or romantic weekends, our 3-star hotel right in the heart of Geneva offers you single, double or triple rooms. Set out according to your needs, our hotel rooms combine interior design and practicality. They all have modern equipment (TV flat screen and satelit international channel, FREE WIFI...) to ensure you the greatest comfort. The interior design is meticulous and ranges from the sophisticated to the sober ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your International et Terminus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Et Terminus Geneva
- International Et Terminus Hotel Geneva