“Cheapest I could find close to train station, city centre.”

International et Terminus
Ranked #52 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. Its nothing special but as with all my hotel choices its the best I can get for the cheapest price. So this did fine. Nice clean room. Adequete bathroom. No air conditioning but a oscillating fan contraption was OK to at least circulate the air. It did get warm in that room. Breakfast was average. Staff were OK. Wireless was OK, but 1 night it was woefully slow. So overall for a solo traveller on a budget it was about right.

Room Tip: Balcony room was good. I could at least open the window.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for International et Terminus

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Stayed here mid-June 2013 after searching for a central hotel that wasn't outrageously priced. We paid 167 CHF for a Sunday night for two people in a double room and I don't have any major complaints. As most people have mentioned, this hotel is on a main road and across the street from the train station so it is quite noisy. Too noisy to keep the windows open at night - so it can get warm in the rooms. There was a fan in the room which we kept running for most of the night.

Breakfast was included - which is a big bonus as it can get very expensive eating every meal out in Geneva. We went to the small grocery store across the street for food which was convenient. I'd also really recommend the little canteen-style restaurant at the bains de paquis. It's 2 CHF to get in, but views from the tables by the water were great and we had a full meal for 14 CHF.

To get back to the hotel - the staff were accommodating, the hotel was clean, the mattresses were fine (although mattresses don't really bother me) and the location is great. I'd recommend Hotel International et Terminus to others because of the price and location and I'd stay here again myself.

Room Tip: We had room 502 which was a corner room so had a good breeze with the windows open. I think all the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

After getting over the shock to our system regarding the prices in Switzerland (it was our first time in the country), we found this hotel very pleasant, and in a great location near the train station and not far from most of the sights in Geneva. The breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chugzy
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The location was perfect, the reception and all staff were very courteous and helpful. The room and bathroom were clean and tidy. Food was of a very good quality. Ideally placed for shops restaurants and transport, the train station is five minutes away and the Lake ten minutes I would have no hesitation is staying there again.

Room Tip: We had a triple suite on the corner of the building on the 6th floor which was excellent
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jaglad23
Reviewed 27 April 2013

With hotels in Geneva, the rule is that you need to take what you can get. Hotels are almost without exception outrageously expensive, and everything fills up months in advance regardless of the time of year. (By the way, this is not just the case with hotels; there is a permanent housing crisis in Geneva, thanks to greed, corruption, and government ineptitude – so Swiss residents of Geneva are also desperate for accommodation.) I was looking for hotels almost three months before my business trip, and it was already not easy. Fortunately, this hotel had a very reasonable rate, so I jumped at it. I stayed for six nights and had a good experience at the place – there’s nothing really outstanding about it but it does the job, and I would stay there again.

The hotel is located very conveniently, right across the street from the station and all the public transport. A little bit more into the side streets and it can get a bit seedy, but this hotel is on the corner of the main road and the atmosphere is perfectly fine. The rooms were definitely a bit cramped, and even a bit dark. Pictures on the barren walls would have been nice too. The ventilation was also not so great (a typical problem in Swiss houses); there wasn’t any air con, just a dinky little fan on the desk, so it might be unpleasant in the summer, when it can get humid and sticky in Geneva. But the rooms were very clean and were functional enough, and the windows were properly double glazed, meaning that despite being on the first floor I was not bothered by the traffic. The price was right, and, like I said, in Geneva you have to take what you can get. The wifi worked fine, and there was even a small fitness room with good machines – no complaints. Even the service was surprisingly good.

One thing I was not happy about was the breakfast buffet, which was a little bit crummy. There were 100 different types of bread / pastries and a very small selection of other things. If you wanted eggs, there was a basket with raw eggs and a machine with boiling water. Basically you had to put your egg in and boil it yourself; there wasn’t even a timer on the machine so you had to use your own watch. I know eating eggs for breakfast is sort of an Anglo Saxon thing, but most hotels I have been to in Europe at least go to the trouble of boiling eggs for the guests. But I lived to tell the tale so this was not such a major thing for me.

Perhaps more of an issue is that there were no peepholes or chains on the doors of the rooms. This struck me as very odd – there is much more property crime in Geneva than most people think (don’t be fooled by the façade of perfection), and for a hotel in the middle of an urban area, peepholes would seem kind of obvious. I’m quite surprised that this is not a requirement on the part of the Swiss Tourism Association, or whatever regulatory body is supposed to categorise hotels in the country. A couple of times people mixed up my room with the room next to it and knocked on my door – completely harmless, but I felt a little bit insecure opening the door without having any idea of who was on the other side. Still, this was not a major issue, and I would stay in the hotel again – though maybe not in the summer.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The location was perfect. The staff were nice and helpfull and the breakfast was very good.
The room was small but I didn't look for a bigger one.
It was not cheap but I think it was fair.
Around the hotel you'll find everything. Clubs, shops, restaurantes, transports and everything else.
It's great to have a big train station in 5 minutes.
You can also reach to the lake in less than 10min.
The city has a small offer of culture and it's not good for tourism lots of shops close on sundays.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We stayed here at the end of our vacation in Switzerland to be near the train station and airport. The location is good, but the rooms are VERY disappointing. The room was small, sad and uncomfortable. You definitely wouldn't want to be in the room any more than absolutely necessary. The staff was fine, but not overly friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple