“Had a great stay”
Review of Eden Hotel Geneva

Eden Hotel Geneva
Ranked #12 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Hotel Eden is a place where I would go back. We were there for 10 days. Very easy to get there by train or bus from the airport. Take your free Public transport ticket at the airport and ride the train to city centre, as you step out of the train station (keep your ticket) take # 25 Jardin Botanique and it will drop you off right in front of the hotel. You may want to take # 28 to Jardin Botanique directly at the airport, you will have to walk down the street about 250M. The Hotel is located approx 10 mins bus ride to city centre and they give you a free pass for all public transport for the duration of your stay. What was really nice about the hotel is the people. The staff at the reception is excellent and will take good care of you. The restaurant serves the 3 meals a day except for weekends when they only serve breakfast. The food is very good and as you may know Geneva is VERY expansive and we found that the rapport Quality - Price for the dinner at the hotel was very good. The food is good and the portions are normally generous. The breakfast after 10 days is a bit repetitive, no change… One downfall you can only have boiled eggs and if you want another kind it's extra… however the cappuccino is included, ask for double shot I found it weak a bit…The waitresses in the dining room are very nice and friendly and the service is good. Rooms are typical (small) European hotel room, but always clean. The hotel in general is alway very clean. All and all we had a great stay at the Eden thanks to all their staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at rear or side street, the main boulevard might be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
LeoStadelmann, General Manager at Eden Hotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your very detailed review and comments about your stay at the Hotel Eden. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have forwarded your compliments to my team. Looking forward to your next stay with us when travailing to Geneva

There are newer reviews for Eden Hotel Geneva

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a meeting and I really regret !
Single bed, small room (less than 10 m2) small bathroom. The price is 215€ with conference rate discount : maybe the wrost price/quality ratio that I never seen ...just a few advantages : the hotel is clean and the wifi is free...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Davide19700

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comment. I am very sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with your stay and that we did not meet your expectation. We believe our rates are in line with our competitor. Rate in Geneva vary, depending on occupancy. Also as a lot of traditional city hotel some of our single room have limited size apx, 12 M2 this bathroom is part of our renovation programme this year.
For your next stay I suggest you to book a superior room or a double room for single use.
I hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. I slept very well and the staff was very nice. Breakfast is good. Hotel is clean. However, bathroom was very small and your knees touch the sink when you sit on the toilet. The bathroom also needed updating.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Flo P

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, despite the bathroom size. I am aware of this problem manly due to the fact of the hotel configuration. However, this bathroom is part of our renovation program of this year and we will maximise the available space.I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was in Geneva for a meeting and this hotel had the discounted rate for attendees. The hotel is in a very quiet area, 15 minute walk to city center and the train station.

The room is small, but clean and comfortable. Wifi is very strong and good. You only need to log on once. Breakfast is adequate. Staff is nice and courteous.

There isn't hot food for breakfast. Hard boiled eggs are served cold. Only coffee and tea are served hot.

There was only one small round soap in the bathroom. I had to move the soap from the sink to the shower every day. I don't understand why they couldn't give two soaps.

There isn't "do not disturb" sign for the room. I wasn't feeling well and stayed in my room for the day. They knocked on my door 3 times regarding cleaning the room. If there were a sign that I could put out, I could rest much better.

The hotel walls are very thin and you can hear all the noises and sounds. They either painted my bathroom or did something in the bathroom on my second day that when I came back to the room in the evening, I could smell strong paint smell. I had to open the window to let the smell out. At night and following days, I had to close the bathroom door in order to sleep. Otherwise, the paint smell would permeate the whole room.

They are still using keys with a heavy key chain which you have to leave with the front desk before you leave the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank xiongxiong43

Dear Guest
I thank you for your constructive feedback.
Despite all our effort to minimize the nuisance, I am sorry to hear that you have been bothered by the smell of the paint due to the renovation in the room next door to you. I really apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Next time, please do not hesitate to ask for a second soap or a “do not disturb sign”, we would have provide them to you with great pleasure. “Do not disturb sign”, are filed in the folder on desk in your room. I’m really sorry to hear that you have been disturbed so many times during the day, and I will discuss that with my team.

On the other hand I am extremely pleased to hear that you have appreciated the good Internet connection as well as the friendliness of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Spent there one night. Little cute room with a balcony, no big chain hotel feeling. Great breakfast, stuff is very nice and speak English. Located across a beautiful park on the lake, 15-20 min walk to city centre. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Quite well located close to the lake and park, the hotel has good bus access to the central city, with free tickets provided. Helpful staff, small but comfortable rooms. No view to speak of.
Not cheap though. Overall experience was good, but suspect this is more suited to business travellers, of which there were many.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg B
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Beautiful location compared to the park and the lake, the Internet is fast, reception and hospitality spacious, providing tea and coffee lobby for free, and they give tickets for free to move around the city by bus or tram for the duration of residence, while the area of ​​the room and bathroom was spacious, Recommend to a residence for families, as well as the breakfast was varied.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
LeoStadelmann, General Manager at Eden Hotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay in our hotel and for posting on our Trip Advisor page. We are glad you choose to stay with us and we were very pleased to read your positive review about our hotel.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience and please do not hesitate to contact us for your next trip to Geneva