“Cute”
Review of Eden Hotel Geneva

Eden Hotel Geneva
Ranked #12 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel says 3-stars but was actually a lot nicer than a lot of 4-stars I have stayed at. The rooms were very nice, two little balconies outside with flowers. Decent bed, well furnished. Very much liked this place. Right next to a decent couple of bus stops for travel to the city. Good selection of breakfast too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Micah R
LeoStadelmann, General Manager at Eden Hotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for this positive feedback.
I am really pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us. It is our utmost reward to hear good comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

L. Stadelmann

There are newer reviews for Eden Hotel Geneva

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. The staff was so helpful and polite. The room was the nicest of all the hotels we stayed in. The restaurant was VERY good and very reasonably priced for Switzerland. The only thing I did not like about the hotel was an aspect of the location. It was located very close to the lake which was great for a nighttime walk after dinner, but it was a pretty far walk away from the city center and there were few reasonable options for dinner nearby except at the restaurant. We only stayed one day and with the distance from the city center that was enough. However, it was relatively close to the UN center. Also, for getting to the hotel from the main train station, do not follow google maps if it tells you to take a train one stop and then walk. The walk is much too difficult if you have large luggage. Find another way.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank katbrinegar
LeoStadelmann, General Manager at Eden Hotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to write this very helpful review. I am pleased to hear that the Eden left you with good memories. Indeed, the train to reach us is not a good option. The easiest way to get to the hotel from The main train station is bus no1 or no 25 direction “Jardin Botanique” and get off at “Mines” it will drop you right in front of the hotel. Have a look on our website you will find all the information you need about public transports in Geneva. Our hotel is very well connected (less than 10 min) to either main attraction, city centre – train station or even the airport, bus 28 to Jardin Botanique gets off at the last stop.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again if you travelled back to Geneva.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Charming staff. Like most hotels in geneva, a bus/tram pass is provided. The hotel is about a 500 yeard stroll from the nearest tram stop. A short wal from conference venues.

Standard Continental breakfast with fresh produce such as croissants, bread etc. The lunches are well presented and teh soup of the day that I tried was well made - 12 swiss francs.

Clean, reasonably sized room and comfortable bed.

Decor in the main rooms was very pleasant and a nice change from chains.

No complaints.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bobd606
LeoStadelmann, General Manager at Eden Hotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay in our hotel and for posting on our Trip Advisor page. We are glad you choose to stay with us and we were very pleased to read your positive review about our hotel.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience and please do not hesitate to contact us for your next trip to Geneva
Léo Stadelmann,

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Hotel Eden is a place where I would go back. We were there for 10 days. Very easy to get there by train or bus from the airport. Take your free Public transport ticket at the airport and ride the train to city centre, as you step out of the train station (keep your ticket) take # 25 Jardin Botanique and it will drop you off right in front of the hotel. You may want to take # 28 to Jardin Botanique directly at the airport, you will have to walk down the street about 250M. The Hotel is located approx 10 mins bus ride to city centre and they give you a free pass for all public transport for the duration of your stay. What was really nice about the hotel is the people. The staff at the reception is excellent and will take good care of you. The restaurant serves the 3 meals a day except for weekends when they only serve breakfast. The food is very good and as you may know Geneva is VERY expansive and we found that the rapport Quality - Price for the dinner at the hotel was very good. The food is good and the portions are normally generous. The breakfast after 10 days is a bit repetitive, no change… One downfall you can only have boiled eggs and if you want another kind it's extra… however the cappuccino is included, ask for double shot I found it weak a bit…The waitresses in the dining room are very nice and friendly and the service is good. Rooms are typical (small) European hotel room, but always clean. The hotel in general is alway very clean. All and all we had a great stay at the Eden thanks to all their staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at rear or side street, the main boulevard might be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
LeoStadelmann, General Manager at Eden Hotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your very detailed review and comments about your stay at the Hotel Eden. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have forwarded your compliments to my team. Looking forward to your next stay with us when travailing to Geneva

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a meeting and I really regret !
Single bed, small room (less than 10 m2) small bathroom. The price is 215€ with conference rate discount : maybe the wrost price/quality ratio that I never seen ...just a few advantages : the hotel is clean and the wifi is free...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Davide19700

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comment. I am very sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with your stay and that we did not meet your expectation. We believe our rates are in line with our competitor. Rate in Geneva vary, depending on occupancy. Also as a lot of traditional city hotel some of our single room have limited size apx, 12 M2 this bathroom is part of our renovation programme this year.
For your next stay I suggest you to book a superior room or a double room for single use.
I hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. I slept very well and the staff was very nice. Breakfast is good. Hotel is clean. However, bathroom was very small and your knees touch the sink when you sit on the toilet. The bathroom also needed updating.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Flo P

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, despite the bathroom size. I am aware of this problem manly due to the fact of the hotel configuration. However, this bathroom is part of our renovation program of this year and we will maximise the available space.I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was in Geneva for a meeting and this hotel had the discounted rate for attendees. The hotel is in a very quiet area, 15 minute walk to city center and the train station.

The room is small, but clean and comfortable. Wifi is very strong and good. You only need to log on once. Breakfast is adequate. Staff is nice and courteous.

There isn't hot food for breakfast. Hard boiled eggs are served cold. Only coffee and tea are served hot.

There was only one small round soap in the bathroom. I had to move the soap from the sink to the shower every day. I don't understand why they couldn't give two soaps.

There isn't "do not disturb" sign for the room. I wasn't feeling well and stayed in my room for the day. They knocked on my door 3 times regarding cleaning the room. If there were a sign that I could put out, I could rest much better.

The hotel walls are very thin and you can hear all the noises and sounds. They either painted my bathroom or did something in the bathroom on my second day that when I came back to the room in the evening, I could smell strong paint smell. I had to open the window to let the smell out. At night and following days, I had to close the bathroom door in order to sleep. Otherwise, the paint smell would permeate the whole room.

They are still using keys with a heavy key chain which you have to leave with the front desk before you leave the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank xiongxiong43

Dear Guest
I thank you for your constructive feedback.
Despite all our effort to minimize the nuisance, I am sorry to hear that you have been bothered by the smell of the paint due to the renovation in the room next door to you. I really apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Next time, please do not hesitate to ask for a second soap or a “do not disturb sign”, we would have provide them to you with great pleasure. “Do not disturb sign”, are filed in the folder on desk in your room. I’m really sorry to hear that you have been disturbed so many times during the day, and I will discuss that with my team.

On the other hand I am extremely pleased to hear that you have appreciated the good Internet connection as well as the friendliness of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back.