“Good Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Doha, Qatar
“Good Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed with family during summer. An average hotel with quite small rooms but good quite and comfortable, very well maintained.

Though its a buffet breakfast, however, you would have to order certain items like - toasts / Tea and Coffee. Its all cold breakfast only, no hot omlette or something salty other than butter.

Staff exceptionally courteous.

Location bit away from city centre but good public transport compensates for that distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LeoStadelmann, General Manager at Eden Hotel Geneva, responded to this review, 26 September 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write a review. We enjoyed your kind comments about the hotel and our great staff. A complimentary cold buffet breakfast (cereals, fruits, different sort of bread, cheese, cold meet). is served in our restaurant to our guests. We would like to mention that egg/hot dishes can be order at a fee.
We are looking forward to welcome you again on another occasion.
Sincerely yours
L. Stadelmann, directeur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been staying at the Eden 2-3 times a year since 2003. I travel to Geneva frequently in my work on ISO standards. The staff at the Eden have always been warm and welcoming. I enjoy having dinner in their restaurant because it is quiet and one can easily carry on a conversation with dinner partners. I find the plat du jour to always be excellent at a good price and with variety. It is without a doubt my favorite hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the lake are wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, Thank you for this positive feedback. I was happy to hear that you always enjoyed your stay at Hotel Eden. I take this opportunity to thank you for your fidelity all through these years.
We look forward to welcoming soon.
L. Stadelmann, directeur
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here during a work trip. It is very convenient to UN buildings. Easy bus or light rail trip to downtown and train station. Not many restaurants or shops in the neighborhood.

Staff are very friendly, room was small but clean and well appointed.

Breakfast selections were great for Continental style: nice breads, pastries, several cheeses (six plus per day) and cured meats, boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, cereal and juices.

Seemed to be a good value for the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeoStadelmann, General Manager at Eden Hotel Geneva, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Hilary,
Thank you for cheering your nice comment. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.Thank you also for pointing out that you liked our breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back on other occasion.
Léo Stadelmann
Holbrook, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Eden Hotel when I was studying with my NYU group. The rooms may be small and the building may be old but service is good. Bathrooms are nice and there is no need for AC at night as it gets cool in the summer. My only regret is that it's too far away from the city center. Otherwise it's good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mantle22
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you have spent an enjoyable stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
L. Stadelmann
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Have stayed at this hotel twice, as it is within walking distance of the UN district. One can take a bus to/from the airport and walk to the hotel with baggage (5 mins). The staff at the reception are wonderful, best I've seen in over 100 hotels I've stayed in. They helped with my enquiries on the phone, prior to arriving, and they also gave me a power adapter since I had not brought one compatible with Swiss power outlets. Also helpful and patient in every other way. There is a nice small lounge next to the reception where one can order drinks and there are complimentary snacks. The rooms are small and clean. Quaint elevator! Breakfast is very good, a nice spread of cereals, breads, and cold meats and cheese. Restaurant is excellent too. Location was perfect for me, next to my meetings and very near the lake and park. Great area to go for a leisurely walk or run. I could imagine that many people would prefer to stay downtown, though. Overall, fantastic place and I look forward to coming back again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeoStadelmann, General Manager at Eden Hotel Geneva, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am truly happy to hear that you have had a wonderful stay in our hotel.

I thank you for mentioning our excellent staff. They are indeed a real asset for the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

L. Stadelmann,
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I reached the hotel at a very odd time nearing midnight. I didn’t have to pull my trolley bag too far as the bus stop was pretty close to the hotel. We were awfully hungry and I was informed that the restaurant is already closed and there are no other nearby restaurants. But, the staff at the reception were extremely helpful in getting pizzas from outside. He was also helpful in planning our trips around Geneva.

Hotel is close to the lake, but bit away from the City Centre. There are no nearby restaurants. It was close to the UN centre and other UN offices. Hotel gives a bus/tram pass. I understand that most of the Geneva hotels provide this pass.

Room was small, but most European hotels are like that. However, it was neat and was equipped with a flat-screen TV, mini bar, internet access etc.

Breakfast was complimentary and had an adequate range. Hotel also had a restaurant and a bar.

All tourists may not like it for the location as it’s away from the City Centre. However, it’s only about 10 minutes bus ride and is located in a quiet place. Overall the hotel is nice for it’s excellent staff, very good breakfast and moderate prices

Room Tip: There are no restaurants nearby. As the hotel restaurant closes by 9 p.m., in the evenings make sure...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LeoStadelmann, Directeur général at Eden Hotel Geneva, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Jacpaul,
Thank you for taking the time to write your impression, it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I will make sure to transmit your postive comment to our front desk staff members.
Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you at the hotel Eden if you way leeds you back to Geneva.
L.Stadelmann
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel says 3-stars but was actually a lot nicer than a lot of 4-stars I have stayed at. The rooms were very nice, two little balconies outside with flowers. Decent bed, well furnished. Very much liked this place. Right next to a decent couple of bus stops for travel to the city. Good selection of breakfast too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Micah R
LeoStadelmann, General Manager at Eden Hotel Geneva, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this positive feedback.
I am really pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us. It is our utmost reward to hear good comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely yours