Drake Longchamp
US$130
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cristal Design(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$133
Warwick Geneva(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$154
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$139
  • Room Service
US$367
US$324
US$408
US$306
  • Pool
ibis Geneve Centre Nations(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$111
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmall kitchenpublic transportcroissantstram stationlake genevavisited genevawalking distancepalais des nationswi fiinternational organizationsgare cornavinenjoyed my stayroom was largefree travel cardbed was very comfortableunited nationscentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I had a booking made by a company and that was a huge mistake. When I entered the hotel I already had to explain why I have to reduce my stay from 6 nights to 5 nights to a manager! The room was not even close to a level of 3 stars in other hotels in Geneva (in which I tried to check in as soon as I realised how horrible the hotel is but they were all fully booked in the area). My room was facing an inner yard where other hotel guests were speaking loud until 1 or 2 pm and as the room windows were not that good, I could only sleep with ear plugs!
The breakfast was poor as well, there were no fresh fruit and the room was too small for the all guests.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2008

Just back from this fabulous city, after reading the reviews I was very wary of what to expect, but I found the hotel quite good comparied to neighbouring french standards(which are awful) Agreed the hotel needs updating as its a step back in time but our rooms were very clean (104), linens and towels changed every day and a good breakfast was provided. dodgy plugs though as the whole plug facing came away in my hand!
bit of a rip of for internet use £5 for 30 mins... location was fab, right next to UN building and 5 mins to lakes, ate at Hotel Edelweiss close by which was an experience but lovely food. lots of nice restaurants withing walking distance,
10 mins from Cornavin station by foot and so close to everywhere,
I would stay here again as its cheap but cheerful, I found the staff pleasant and they appreciate if you practice your french! my suggestion would be to fit a power shower as the pressure was fab but out of a telephone shower head...mmmmm different,

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2008

I travel to Geneva quite a bit, and in busy periods, it is tough to book a hotel which is reasonably priced, well located, with reasonable comfort. The Drake Longchamp meets those modest criteria. The room itself was clean and livable, but definitely below the standards of decor and conveniences of Geneva's classier hotels. The breakfast was meagre, divided between two airless, stuffy rooms. Definitely the worst breakfast arrangement I remember since student hostel days. The hotel itself is a combination of two buildings, unpleasantly connected by a narrow corridor, with no lobby and a tiny reception. The staff was competent, and the Drake is fine for what it is -- a 50-franc per night savings over the hotel where you'd prefer to stay if your budget were more ample.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 12 March 2008

I travelled to Geneva with a colleague who booked the room without checking the reviews. When we arrived we had a delay checking in as there were so many guests complaining. When we were eventually given our keys both myself and my colleage found people already occupying our rooms! We joined the queue of guests complaining (about this problem) and I was given an alternative room, which was vacant! However, there was no room available for my colleage. We went for dinner and were told there may be a room free when we came back. They offered my colleague a 'room' which without exagerating was like a prison room. No key, no en-suite etc. I think it was in the staff quarters. My colleague refused and had to be driven to another hotel across town. This was obvioulsy inconvenient for us.
The room itself was OK - the minimum standard I would stay at, but very expensive. Breakfast was poor and the small room was well undersized.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2007

I was booked into here by an international NGO I was visiting. I didn't check the reviews until a little too late. Now that I have stayed there, I wish I had done my homework and booked elsewhere.

Generally, this is an old rundown 3 star hotel. I have stayed in European hotels lots of times, so this is not a North American bias. This place just fell short of thee mark in every respect.

The whole place is ancient looking. The rooms have a definite 1970s look to them. The bathrooms are particularly dated . The threadbare carpets, old linoleum floors, old furniture, they all add up to a feeling that things are dingey. I can't really fault the cleaning staff for anything in particular but it was the type of place that, no matter how hard they scubbed, it would always feel less than clean.

The staff was hit an miss. Indifferent was the norm, with one guy being very helpful, and another being just plain rude. And I speak French.

Even the location wasn't great. It was a good walk to the train station and to main bridge to the Old Town. It happened to be close to my meeting, but that was about the only thing close (other than the tiny red light district, which was nearby but not really a factor).

All that being said, I did survive and slept okay, so it you are booked in there, it's not terrible. There is a kitcnhenette, which I guess coud be useful (I didn't set foot in it). The breakfast was pretty good, as continental breakfasts go.

If you can change your booking, you might want to consider it. The Jade (just up the street) looked much nicer, more modern and clean.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business