“Don't stay here”

Ranked #88 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I checked in to the hotel with my boss, who had booked the hotel and I have to compliment the check in & check out staff who were very helpful and very attentive. That's where the compliments end
I was on the 5th floor and when I opened the door was taken back to the 1940's with a room that reminded me of a cell. There was a stench of urine coming from the bathroom, the bed had 'grubby' covers on it and there was a desk in the corner.
I didn't want to get under the covers so slept fully clothed on top of them
It's the type of place students from the 80's & 90's would get when renting for the first time, so basic, no facilities and dirty.
I don't know how it was fully booked, especially as they charged me just over £100 for it, my boss got two beds so paid £140 for the privilige!!

Room Tip: Choose a differant hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

We were put here when our hotel had a problem with the room we were to stay in. Staff are very polite and helpful, the hotel is perfect location for railway station (although most hotels are in this area). Room needed a lot of tlc, no mattress protector which was, in my opinion, unhygienic. Breakfast was adequate. Probably wouldn't stay here again but it was ok for one night

• Stayed August 2012
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2012

When I saw the lobby, I knew it wasn't the hotel that I saw on the pictures of bookit. website, but the reception girl was very friendly and I proceeded to the room. When I entered the room, the smell was horrible, there was no air conditioning and no ventilation either, the window was closed with metal blinds that didn't open and were very dirty. There were stains with blood on the walls from killed bugs (I hope). The beds were covered with dirty covers. The bathroom was disgusting. I would never take a shower there. My children were afraid to go to pee in it. I had to cancel my reservation even though I lost 100% deposit for one night and had to book another hotel for that night. If I couldn't book another hotel , I would rather sleep in a car with my children than in that hotel. It shoud have 0 stars.

Room Tip: get another hotel, you can get a decent hotel for the same price
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Geneva hotels

Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
Reviewed 13 August 2012

If you need a place to put your head for the night for cheap, this is the place. I spent three nights there and was in the room only to sleep and shower. The sheets were clean and the mattress was comfortable. I was pleased with the sound proof windows. The rest of the place looked very worn. The breakfast was basic but adequate. The size of the breakfast room was too small for a packed hotel. I booked this hotel for the location and the price. It was exactly what I expected.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The room was basic, no air con and very tired looking, most of the furnishings were worn and the lift is tiny, dont take large cases unless your prepared to carry them up a steep circular staircase.
Reception was friendly, you get a local travel pass for the ferry, trains buses etc.
We stopped bed and breakfast, the woman at breakfast was miserable and didnt give eye contact, the dining room was small, so we ended up eating in the internet room, wifi is available throughout the hotel. The food was plain.
The hotel will watch your bags in a secure room all day if need be and it is central, 5 minutes walk from the main station.
I would spend a bit more and upgrade if I needed to stop over again, it was OK, but like a barrack block room. The rooms were noisy at night.

Room Tip: Consider somewhere else unless its for a very brief stop near the central station.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The hotel located in the city center, not far from the famous bridge. So, location is great, u can get all main attractions and the station easily. The rooms are very small and not so new. Breakfast is poor. Cleas hotel, good for only bed. Overall its normal hotel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank FFGBaku_Azerbaijan
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We got bumped to this hotel when our original hotel messed up our reservation. Upon entering the room the first impression was bad. Bed were flat and saggy, carpet stained, just old old old. But, the redeeming factor that kept us from running away was upon close inspection the room did appear to be cleaned well. Noisy area right on a main traffic corner and thin windows. At least the traffic died down later in the evening. Breakfast was included and was basic but fine. I'd only really recommend this hotel if you really needed to be close to the train station which was just 2 short blks away.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple