We spent a weekend, from Thursday to Sunday on the Intercontinental. From the first second, you realize you are entering a world of comfort, professionalism and discrete pampering. What I liked the most, was how skilled at their jobs everyone was. The staff were at their toes whenever we interacted with them, as well as when observed from a distance. We got the feeling that they all took personal interest in our well being, and gave us an outstanding service.
The Chef Concierge, Mr Nicolas Avril, was the one who became most important to us, we really had nothing in particular planned for Saturday and Sunday. He went far beyond our expectations, and provided us with suggestions, maps, directions, and almost complete itineraries for the two days! What could have become just another Saturday of window shopping, turned out to become an interesting visits to neighboring cities (Montreux and Lausanne) instead, and a spectacular train ride to Rochers-de Naye in a snow storm, at an altitude of more than 2000 meters. Talk about a nice place to enjoy hot, Swiss Fondue in the restaurant! Back in Geneva, he provided us with reservations for a classy and nice rerstaurant, and even suggestions for what to eat! I trusted the edvice completely, and even the food he suggested was great!
On Sunday we visited various points of interest, restaurants and museums in the old town of Geneva. We were taken places we would never have come just by coincidence, and we really had a good time. All this due to what the concierge put together for us, so on top of everything else at The Intercontinental, he really made our stay something to remember!
The food at the restaurant was top quality, and second to none in this price segment. The breakfasts were very good, remember to take advantage of what they offer a´la minute at no extra cost. and since this is a popular business hotel, it was relatively quiet on the weekend.
The room was spacious, clean and the bed was probably the best I ever slept in at a hotel! The staff of the Clarins Spa at the 2nd floor were just as professional and clever as the rest, and the massage was fantastic! The fitness facilities were nice, and the drinks at the ground floor bar were great.
The hotel is nicely located between the airport and city center, and bus number 5 departs between these two destinations via the Intercontinental every 10 minutes. What is even better, is that free tickets for all public transport is issued to the hotel´s guests for the whole duration of their stay. The public transport of Geneva is extremely well developed, busses, trams and trains are quite new, clean, secure and on time. We had no need for the use of taxis during our stay, even if we normally are frequent to use them on trips to places where we are not familiar.
All in all, this is a truly magnificent hotel, and even if it is pricey (well, nothing is cheap in Geneva), it is worth every penny!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental 5-star luxury hotel, newly redesigned provides amazing views of the Mont Blanc, of Lake Geneva and Geneva City. It's a 3-minute walk from the United Nations and within a 5-minute drive from the International Centre of Congress CICG and the Palexpo Exhibition Centre. The spacious and elegant 333 rooms and Suites at the InterContinental Geneva have free Wi-Fi, free tea and coffee-making facilities, are air-conditioned and feature cable TV. Dining options include modern international cuisine and seasonal specialties served in the gourmet restaurant, which features a well-stocked wine cellar and a terrace. At the bar Les Nations, guests can enjoy a wide range of drinks, listen to live piano music, and browse in books and magazines. A sophisticated urban-style bar, Le Fumoir seduces you with its original cocktails and a selection of international cigars. The 4306 ft² Spa by Clarins provides a complete set of beauty and massage treatments. The health and fitness center is open 24 hours and there's a seasonal outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, IHG, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel InterContinental Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneva
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneve