“Stunning hotel. Wonderful stay”

Hotel InterContinental Geneve
Ranked #13 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Let me start with the worst point. The rooms and room decor are basic but functional.

On to the rest...

The service is excellence.
The public areas, bars and restaurant are stunning.
The little extras you get such as bar nibbles and chocolates are wonderful.

We stayed for 2 nights and left very happy. OK it's expensive, everything is expensive but it's still a great expereince all round.

The location is great 200m to the United Nations, 5 mins on the local bus to Geneva Town Centre (speak to Reception they will give you a bus ticket for the duration of your stay).

Our room also had a great view of Geneva and Lake Geneva

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the InterContinental Genève with the Trip Advisor community.

We are most pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us earlier this month and that hotel guestrooms and services were up to your expectations.
Such good remarks are highly important for us and have been of course forwarded to all team members concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the InterContinental Genève for business or leisure, I remain,

There are newer reviews for Hotel InterContinental Geneve

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I spent 1 night in this hotel during a business trip. Located near the NU palace the hotel provides a free bus ticket to visit the city center that you can reach in 10 minutes. Services and rooms are in line with the hotel category. Really outstanding the breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Sir,

We are most pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Good comments such as yours are quite important for us and have been of course forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the hotel, for business or leisure, I remain,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel is conveniently located.
Staff are polite, friendly and helpful.
Business and conference facilities are very good.
The breakfast buffet is very nice and the room service menu also provides a lot of choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view otherwise you may end up with a room overlooking the car park!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ellie8888
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Madam,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel facilities met your expectations. You may rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to all the team members concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the hotel, for business or leisure, we remain,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The Intercontinental is a high rise building just north of the <Nations> transport hub, so very easily reached by bus (The 5 stops outside the hotel; the 8 passes Nations) or tram from the railway station Cornavin. The 5 also serves the airport so is very convenient for public transport whether you arrive by train or plane. The hotel issues the free public transport card for use during your stay.

Because of my Ambassador frequent guest card, I got a weekend break with a free second night, so total cost was SFR 360 (about GBP 240). I had room 602 which was a very spacious small suite. Very comfortable double bed, armchairs, nespresso machine, ironing board, electronivcally controlled metal window blinds. Bathroom was on small side, with a shower only over the bath tub. Good range of toiletries.

Pool outside was closed for winter.

Lots of apparently rich guests staying. Popular with wealthy delegates attending UN meetings

I did not eat in the hotel and needed to go into town for other restaurants.

Service was friendly and bilingual.

Hotel is a little isolated - notwithstanding the bus links - so stay here only if you are content not to have shops and restaurants on your doorstep. If you want more <life> take a hotel nearer the Lake. Rotary is a favourite of mine.

Room Tip: The higher rooms give some nice views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Mr. Reynolds,

We are delighted to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that décor and services were up to your expectations. Very good comments such as yours as quite important and useful for us, you may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to enjoy our swimming pool, we remain,

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Checked in on crutches, staff couldn't do enough for us, very helpful.

room was large & clean with a nice touch of champagne & cake left in the room (birthday trip).

easy to get into town using free travel card and bus service was efficient.

recrption lady was great and answered all our questions & where was open on a sun (not much).

Really likec everything and will be sure to stay here again.

thanks intercontinental

• Stayed: March 2014
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Madam,

We are delighted to hear that you spent a very pleasant stay at the hotel on the occasion of your birthday trip. Since guest comfort is our priority, we continuously do our utmost to share our vision of the Swiss hospitality with our clients. So very positive comments such as yours are most important and useful for us. You may be rest assured they have been forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, we remain,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Despite a brief but hectic 24 hour visit to Geneva, this hotel really made the trip memorable and certainly exceeded my expectations. I received a genuinely warm, polite welcome from all the staff and my room was immaculately presented and maintained. The room was a good size and really quiet, the bathroom was excellent and the general fit and finish of the hotel is certainly impressive. I'll definitely consider returning when I revisit Geneva. However this review is based on the fact that I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, whilst the choice on offer was magnificent, so were the prices! Being in Geneva the hotel is easily accessible using the excellent public transport system, ideal to explore the city if you have the time. To sum up, a brilliant business hotel, if you're on business expenses!

Room Tip: My side room on floor 10 was ideal, brilliant mountain view and very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the InterContinental Genève with the Trip Advisor Community.

We are most delighted to hear that you enjoyed your short stay at the hotel. Very positive comments such as yours are really important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, we remain,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is the second time that I stayed in this hotel during the past six months. In last August I stayed in IC Geneva for 7 nights. This time I travelled alone to Geneva to visit my son and stayed here for 4 nights. I got the same fantastic experience as during my last stay.

My trip did not start well as I got neck pain, which made it difficult to uplift my heavy luggage, and serious flu immediately before I aboard the plane in Hong Kong. My husband informed Vincent, the front office supervisor, about my problem by email. When I arrived the hotel, I received warm welcome and great assistance in handling my two heavy luggages until I got into my room. Vincent upgraded my room that is big and has magnificient views. With excellent sleep quality in such a wonderful room, I recovered very well from my flu and was able to tour around Geneva with my son next day. On the day I returned to Hong Kong, Vincent helped me to take my luggages to the nearby bus stop as my son was unable to come that morning. Thanks to the wonderful arrangement and assistance of Vincent!!

The hotel is not at the city centre but with convenient transport that can take you to both the town centre and Geneva airport in less than 10 minutes. It is a truly luxury hotel, surrounded by beautiul environment and international organizations such as UN, WHO, etc., but its price is very competitive among hotels of similar class in Geneva. Hotel staff and services are excellent that makes you feeling at home. If you are a person that wish to enjoy life but yet at a reasonable price, you must stay at least once in IC Geneva when you visit Switzerland.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JohnCHongKong
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Madam,

It was again a real pleasure to welcome you and your husband back to the hotel on the occasion for your yearly visit to Geneva. We are sincerely pleased to hear that our team members and especially Vincent have once again exceeded your expectations, offering you a more unique and memorable stay.

You may rest assured that your highly positive comments have been forwarded to all concerned.

Needless to say you will be always most welcome to the InterContinental Genève, should your plans bring you back to the City of Calvin. I look forward to meeting you on that occasion.

In the meantime, we wish you all the best and remain,