This hotel is situated a short walk from United Nations and the CICG (conference center), a great place to stay if you are in Geneva on Business. From the Airport take a 80 min free ticket and you can take the bus number 5 and Intercontinental has its own stop. The frequency is approximately 8-15 minutes. If you arrive by train, get off at Cornavin Station and look for bus stop for number 5 in the direction of the Airport, the ride is about 13-15 mins.
The ambience of the hotel is like any other business hotel but some interesting displays, I loved the world map all done in wood. The rooms are decent size, exceptionally clean and have all the comforts and the bathroom is equipped with everything and wonderful toiletries. Though the place near the toilet is really small. The breakfast is sumptuous and the spread is huge with many hot choices, many types of bread, cheese, yoghurt, fresh fruit juices and the works. I did not eat a meal here since I was away most of the time so I cannot comment on the other meals.
Overall for business it is a wonderful stay, for tourism I would prefer to stay near the lake since this place though accessible is a little away from the other places you would like to visit. Geneva Hotels give a travel card that allows you take public transport so it is not a problem. For the price tag of intercontinental, you will get a nice Geneva Lake View or a hotel in the old city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental 5-star luxury hotel, newly redesigned provides amazing views of the Mont Blanc, of Lake Geneva and Geneva City. It's a 3-minute walk from the United Nations and within a 5-minute drive from the International Centre of Congress CICG and the Palexpo Exhibition Centre. The spacious and elegant 333 rooms and Suites at the InterContinental Geneva have free Wi-Fi, free tea and coffee-making facilities, are air-conditioned and feature cable TV. Dining options include modern international cuisine and seasonal specialties served in the gourmet restaurant, which features a well-stocked wine cellar and a terrace. At the bar Les Nations, guests can enjoy a wide range of drinks, listen to live piano music, and browse in books and magazines. A sophisticated urban-style bar, Le Fumoir seduces you with its original cocktails and a selection of international cigars. The 4306 ft² Spa by Clarins provides a complete set of beauty and massage treatments. The health and fitness center is open 24 hours and there's a seasonal outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hotel InterContinental Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneva
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneve