“Business survey”

Hotel Metropole Geneve
Ranked #11 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 11 July 2014

ıt was an interesting experience to stay there. The location of the Hotel was good. Personnel was very helpful. Breakfast was excellent. Looking the Geneva from the 5th floor was wonderful. If I visit Geneva again I want to stay at this Hotel.

1  Thank Osman Ş
ManagerGeneva, Quality Manager at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2014

Dear Osman

Your last experience at the Swissotel Metropole Geneva shared with the TripAdvisor community, is the fruit of our work, thank you Mr. Osman for recognizing our efforts. In addition, I would like to assure you that we are passionate in our work and we constantly strive to offer our guests a memorable stay.

The product and the service is regularly adapted to the needs and wants of our guests, therefore, please do not hesitate to let us know in the future of what we can do for you to have a better stay.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Metropole Geneve

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were invited to a cocktail party to introduce a new wine club held at the newly opened terrace bar on the 5th floor with fabulous views. It was raining so the party was held on the 4th floor. The rain stopped for a brief period so we were able to go up to a narrow terrace and the view was superb. I would recommend any tourist who happens to pass the hotel on a sunny day to go up and have one drink and enjoy the view. Take the left elevator it's the only one going to the 5th floor.
As it was raining we decided to have dinner in the hotel, we passed the bar which seemed very colourful and entered Le Grand Quai dining room, that there were only two Japanese tourists eating should have warned us! The room is dull 1930's and the brief menu fitted in well. Half of Geneva goes on holiday in July and this is a business hotel I imagine rarely patronised by locals as there are two many good restaurants. It seemed that only two staff were on duty. My wife ordered an entrecote steak, which was grilled in small pieces, I ordered cabillaud it arrived with strings of a white vegetable arranged in a bird's nest - a very white dish a light broth was then poured over. The fish was hot, the vegetable cold and the broth luke warm. The part of the fish next to the skin was uncooked. a weird dish I thought. I think the Chef was on holiday too!

Room Tip: I did not sleep there and I would not unless I was attending a conference.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I highly appreciate your review. It is praising our strong points and it provide us with valuable information on where we need to progress immediately. Therefore, your review was immediately shared with the management, the kitchen team and the restaurant team. We reviewed our dish and different cooking steps improving it thanks to your comments. I really encourage you in the future to express your experience instantly with the chef, we can always adapt our product to your needs.

I hope to have soon back in our new restaurant

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here a few nights whilst in Geneva for a meeting which I tacked on to a family holiday, so the wife and kids were with me. I wanted a hotel on the old town side from which they could walk around the shopping areas and the like. We had 2 adjoining rooms. The hotel is an old style grand hotel. It was fine, nothing special, but pretty pricey, as everything is in Geneva. Our rooms faced the lake whiohc was good for the view, but also picked up a little traffic noise. Overall it was a fine place to stay.

Room Tip: view rooms are nice but beware the traffic noise
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ManagerGeneva, Quality Manager at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear David,

I frankly appreciate the fact thank you have taken the time to share your experience at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva with the Trip Advisor community.

Combining business with family holiday it is such a luxury and we value the fact that it happened in our hotel.

Your review is of great support not only to all of us in the hotel but also to future guests. It provides valuable details of the hotel, such as confirming hotel’s strengths in term of location and being family friendly. Furthermore, the review provides the management with recommendations for improvement such as the style and being special for you, our guest. Since 2012 the hotel is in a refreshing period of the rooms facing the lake which offers the guests a new room category “ Signature rooms”. These are modern in design with state of art technology and I strongly recommend to try out during your next visit in Geneva. Please visit our web page where several promotions are momentarily offered.

Your experience has been shared your with the colleagues and in particular with the Sales & Marketing and also the Reservation team.

I look forward to accommodate you and your family soon in Geneva.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Business meetings need the right environment and ambience to to improve their chances of success. The Swissotel in Geneva provides this combined with the level of service and discretion that makes your business connections feel comfortable and free to express themselves. I would not stay anywhere else in Geneva.

1  Thank Nigel L
ManagerGeneva, Quality Manager at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Nigel,

In Business time is crucial, therefore, I sincerely thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva with the Trip Advisor community.

Your review is of great support to all of us at Swissôtel Métropole, it helps us not only improve our service which will benefit future guests by providing a more prosperous business meeting environment, but also reassures us that hard work is rewarding. I love the fact that the hotel and its team has made a remarkable impression and convinced you to stay with us in the future.

I assure you that I have shared your comment with the colleagues and looking forward hosting your future business meeting soon in Geneva.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Lovely hotel. Great location. Staff could not have been more helpful and charming.
I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and the air con wasn't wonderful. Everything else worked.
Those Swiss window motorized shutters are fantastic.
An enjoyable weekend.

Room Tip: If you want a bath, you need to check that your room has one. Quite a few don't. A bit of a te...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SarahJ05151
ManagerGeneva, Quality and Training Manager at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Sarah,

Your authenticity in the review will definitely support us improve our service, it will benefit future guests by helping them choose a room corresponding to individual essentials and requirements. I love the fact that you have mentioned several particular details which marks Swissotel Metropole as unique in terms of design, location and team members helpfulness.

I assure you that I have shared your feedback with the management, and in particular with the Engineering Team. Upon receiving the review, the Engineering team reacted for this particular experience and is monitoring the ventilation system for the newly designed rooms.

It is very special for us to know that we made your weekend memorable. Looking forward to hosting you soon upon your next visit in Geneva.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very comfortable hotel conveniently located very close to the lake. Staff is very helpful and friendly (good recommendations for restaurants...etc). Rooms are clean and modern, yet not very fancy. I would recommend that you request a room with a nice view if you stay there; otherwise, it is likely that you will end up with a poor view despite the great hotel's location.

2  Thank ADMNG
ManagerGeneva, Quality and training Manager at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

TRIPADVISOR RECOMENDED ANSWER

Dear guest

I assure you that I have shared your feedback with the management, the Sales & Marketing team and in particular with the Reservation team. Your sincere review has helped the Sales & Marketing team improve the communication reviewing the information available on the Swissotel Metropole’s webpage providing better and clear facts such as: room size, location and the view available from the room’s window.

Furthermore, your experience has helped the Reservation Team to better understand guest’s needs and improve the phone reservations assuring a thorough room description and ensuring that guest has an ample vision of the room.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a lovely room. It was on the first floor which I would ask for a higher floor b/c we were advised not to open windows b/c of bugs coming in due to hotel lights over front door. When air conditioning was on, it smelled smoky. Other than that the room was beautiful, clean, the staff was wonderful and helpful.. Location is superb!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KAC86
ManagerGeneva, Quality Manager at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear guest

I appreciate and sincerely thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva with the Trip Advisor community.

I assure you that I have shared your feedback with the management, the colleagues and in particular with the Engineering Team. Upon receiving the review, the Engineering team reacted for this particular experience and random rooms are being monitored, the ventilation system is in process of verification and the contractor was requested to intervene for an eventual filter change.

With regards to the bugs infestation due to hotel light decoration, solutions are being evaluated, although a decision is in process of assessment.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards