“Amazing Beau Rivage”

Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva
Ranked #13 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I was fortunate to stay here in September this year as a VIP guest for a group of luxury travel specialists. My room was elegant and lovely, with a balcony overlooking the wonderful Lake Geneva, Mont Blanc sparkling in the back ground and the magnificent Jet d'Eau.

Destination Europe, LLC has stayed at this hotel and would send any of our VIP clients here without a second thought. The service is impeccable, the hotel restaurants are amazing and we were treated to a wonderful dinner in the Sissi Suite dining room.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
BeauRivageGeneva, General Manager at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

It was a real pleasure to welcome you at Beau-Rivage and I personally wish to thank you for your positive feedback on your Beau-Rivage’s experience.

It is always a thrill to read what our guest felt in our property, especially, from a Luxury Travel Specialists.

We are delighted that you would be able to recommend and reserve your VIP clients to Beau-Rivage.

We look forward to welcoming them to making their stays a memorable experience like yours.

Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

First stay at Beau Rivage, would certainly go back and heartily recommend to others. The location is fantastic. Right on the promenade, and just a short walk to old town, the park, and the botanical gardens. The hotel common areas are lovely and welcoming. The room was a nice size for European standards. We did not have a lake view room, but the fantastic bed, automatic shades, and spacious bathroom more than made up for the lack of views. As LHW members/for my birthday, there was a lovely flower arrangement in the room, bottled waters, and a gift box of delicious, assorted macaroons.

Service was excellent: we experienced the hotel staff as warm, helpful, and attentive, from the doorman to reception, as well as at the Terrace Bar and Chat Botte restaurant. Drinks at Terrace Bar in the evening provide a great opportunity to relax and people-watch over the promenade (highly recommend the Fresh Idea cocktail). Lunch at Chat Botte and dinner at Patara were both quite good. Breakfast at the hotel was nice, but a sparse selection for the steep price of 47 CHF per person. This was included in our hotel package, thankfully.

Overall, we felt we had a world class experience at a world class hotel. Hope to stay here again someday.

• Stayed: September 2012

I personally wish to thank you for your nice feedback on your Beau-Rivage’s experience. It is always lovely to read our guest felt in our property. It drives us towards excellency which is our day-to-day.

We are delighted that our Staff and service make your stay at Beau-Rivage enjoyable. We have well noticed your remark regarding the breakfast which is very useful. I will review personally the selection of our breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to making your stay a memorable experience again.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I recently returned to the Beau Rivage Hotel in Geneva after an extended period of absence and it really felt like coming home. I simply cannot fault this hotel, in terms of the service, the accommodation or the food, and, of course, its position is second-to-none in Geneva. My room was simply gorgeous and I love the sweeping view over the lake, particularly at sunset, from the little wrought iron balcony with an ice-cold glass of Champagne in my hand! One of the things I cherish most about this hotel is its ambiance - an atmosphere of peace, calm and tranquillity always pervades every corner. It is always so quiet and I sleep blissfully well here. From the moment I walked back into the lobby, with its lovely marble and tile decoration and its little tinkling fountain in the middle - and its air of calm and cool on a hot and humid September day - I felt as if I had come home. Very happy memories came flooding back. It certainly won't be so long before my next visit to the exquisite Beau Rivage Hotel.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the lake is an absolute must!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
BeauRivageGeneva, General Manager at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear madam,

It is always a thrill to read what our guest felt in our property. It drives us towards excellency, which is our day-to-day goal.

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at Beau-Rivage and we look forward to welcoming you back to making your stay a memorable experience again.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We had a group reservation and everything was fantastic. We only went for dinner and didn't stay in the hotel. The food was good and the service was exceptional. The staff were flexible, professional, efficient and friend. I would definitely got there as a private guest and take another business dinner there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear EventsOrg,

I personally wish to thank you for your positive feedback on your Beau-Rivage’s experience. It is always a thrill to read what our guest felt in our property.

I will be glad to congratulate the Chat Botté’s team on your behalf and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Great location, excellent food through room service. Excellent views on the lake. But the hotel is really a quiet hotel and its boring especially at night. There is a piano-bar in the lobby that is not so special. The food is probably the bestthing about this hotel. Its really for an older crowd. 50's and above.

Room Tip: High floor facing the lake.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wadih F
BeauRivageGeneva, Directeur général at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your feedback. I feel very concerned about the experience of my guests in our property.

I am sorry that the atmosphere of Beau-Rivage didn’t match your expectation. The Mayer family’s passion is to reinforce warm spirit and complete discretion in this private house built in 1865.

I stay at your entire disposal if you should give us nevertheless another opportunity to welcome you again at Beau-Rivage and give you the possibility to have a completely perfect experience.

With my best regards,

Director

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Very warm welcome by front door staff and reception. Suite impeccable although no fruits, no flowers, but great view. Breakfast buffet not up to 5-star standards: not very appetizingly presented, meats and cold cuts not fresh (it was very hot but that does not excuse it), bred selection below average. Service not very accommodating and slow (it took 20 minutes for omelette and eggs). Instead of pancakes they brought crêpes. Evening bar service efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel using a free night voucher from the Leading Hotels of the World. We expected the smallest room with no views and no LHW member privileges, especially because it was a weekend night. We were very surprised to see our beautiful suite with the view of the lake. The room was as elegant and comfortable as it can get. Not only we had been upgraded, but we even got a little gift and breakfast the next day! Very generous!

The road below is quite busy, but the room was very well insulated and we didn’t hear the outside noise. The room had a little corridor and double doors which perfectly screened out all the noise from other guests. One guest had a party on our floor and decided to leave the room door open, but we didn’t hear much in our room.

The only thing we were not totally happy with was the fact that some very aggressive birds were freely roaming the breakfast outdoor area (with beautiful lake views), including the area where the food was displayed. We mentioned it to the staff, but they didn’t seem to be very worried about that.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family