“Right place to be in Geneva:”

Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva
Ranked #20 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Moscow, Russia
“Right place to be in Geneva:”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Every time live brings me to Geneva, I come to Beau Rivage Hotel. I consider it to be one of the city landmarks, and what de-facto it is. If time or money do not allow you to stay there, come just for a meal: the chef is a true artist, they will spoil you with compliments, and even breakfast is an event to remember and is internationally noteworthy. The place has 5 stars, but should be claiming more: I would not be able to count a dozen hotels of that level in Europe: a couple of hotels in Paris, Dorchester in London, Taleon Club in St. Petersbourg and… it’s sister Beau Rivage hotel in Lausanne…

In many good hotels you have staff who are well trained, -- the difference is: in Beau Rivage they handle your matters with intelligence and artistism. The rooms are irreproachable.

The main message the hotel wants to convey to the guest: “Remember this stay! You have succeeded in your life (at least economically)”, and you have the right to comfort in the first row… And watching the lake Leman fountain right from the hotel window, it is hard to disagree…

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BeauRivageGeneva, General Manager at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you, thank you so much for your enthusiastic comment. I am very touched by your beautiful message. I am really happy you enjoyed your different stays at Beau-Rivage and had this special feeling signed Beau-Rivage full of emotion, passion and know-how.
With my kind regards,

Ivan Rivier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed for just one night for business in January. All encounters with staff were excellent and found them to be professional, courteous and prompt. The room was nice, with an extremely comfortable bed that gave me a brilliant sleep. Bathroom well appointed (of note, espec for the ladies, was the provision of Clarin's products - something different), and spotlessly clean. The only thing i found a minor issue in the room was the temperature of it - very warm - but had been snowing outside so can understand them wanting the rooms to be nice and toasty, and i probably could have found the climate control panel if i looked for it, but was so tired i fell into bed. Bar is really nice place to meet for drinks, and the overall location is great, just across the road from the lakefront. Would 100% recommend it to other business travellers, or any couples looking to treat themselves.. Out of 100 i would rate it a 95, the 5 points docked for the non delivery of a morning newspaper that was requested.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
It is always a thrill to read what our guest felt in our property. It drives us towards excellency, which is our day-to-day goal. We look forward to welcoming you back to Beau-Rivage to make your stay perfect this time.
With my best regards,

Berkeley, California
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is in a very nice location across from the lake. The exterior and the first floor are beautiful. The hallways and the rooms are very dated however. The musty odor in the room is very noticeable. It is probably a good value for the price. Another problem was relatively poor door service as I had to wait for the Valet person or the Bellman to arrive.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ramin K
BeauRivageGeneva, Directeur général at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting this review. Beau-Rivage is a family hotel establishment that steers clear of short-lived fashions yet always in tune the times. I regret that you did not fully appreciate them.
Regarding, the poor door service, I will personnaly look after with my staff to clarify this problem.
I stay at your entire disposal if you should give us nevertheless another opportunity to welcome you again at Beau-Rivage and give you the possibility to have a completely perfect experience.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on Thursday the 10th of October with a colleague. The Beau-Rivage is a beautiful, elegant hotel facing Lake Geneva and is a short walk away from the the shops and restaurants of Geneva.
The service was wonderful from start to finish. The staff really can't do enough for you and are very helpful.
The hotel is a old hotel and this adds to its charm. The bedroom was large and lovely and clean and the bathroom was the same with Clarins products to use. The only downside was there wasn't any tea or coffee making facilities so we had to order our first cup of tea of the day through room service and as with everything else in Geneva it was very expensive.
The breakfast was good but could of had more choice and was exceptionally expensive, however the service was wonderful in the restaurant too.
The hotel doesn't have a swimming pool so I can't rate that , however they do have a small spa but I can't rate that either as I didn't use it.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone I know who is thinking of visiting Geneva. It really is worth staying at.

Room Tip: Splash out if you can and have a lake view room. However the room we stayed in was beautiful even th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jo M
BeauRivageGeneva, General Manager at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Sir,

We have also taken good note of your remark concerning the breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to making your stay memorable experience again.

With best regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was staying here as part of a conference held regularly in Geneva, and I thought this hotel was excellent. It had an air of old world sophistication about it, and standards of service that have stood the test of time.

The kind of place where the reception staff have learnt you name as soon as you check in, and greet you accordingly whenever they see you.

Rooms were spacious and well kept. It's also a nice location right on the lake.

If I had to say anything at all negative, the room service bolognaise source was a touch bland, but that shows you I'm struggling for negatives to say.

Room Tip: Not a room tip, but try the strawberry jam with a hint of mint for breakfast. It's not something...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Philyellen
BeauRivageGeneva, Directeur général at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Good afternoon,

I personally wish to thank you for your nice feedback on your Beau-Rivage’s experience. It is always lovely to read our guest felt in our property. It drives us towards excellency which is our day-to-day. We are delighted that our Staff and service make your stay at Beau-Rivage enjoyable.
We look forward to welcoming you back to making your stay a memorable experience again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed with a friend and our wee herd of girls. We wanted to contain and delight them as well as pretend we were adults with conversational capability. The cocktail bar served good food with delightful cocktails. The staff served our well behaved children swiftly and allowed them to escape to gaze at the water fountain, in the lobby. My friend and I had a leisurely chat and more drinks on our own in the intimate seating beneath the windows over looking the lake. Geneva is so sterile it screams out for revolution but if you want a prim place to wait out your stay this should please you with its soothing linens, pillows, traditional decoration, and Clarins products. Risk averse luxury. We were driving toward a ski holiday. We were pleased by a light gesture of Evan waters for each passenger when they delivered the car at departure.

Room Tip: Choose one with a bathroom
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
BeauRivageGeneva, Directeur général at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you so much for the warmth of your comments. I was thrilled to read about your experience and pleased that the room and the staff met your expectations.
With my best regards,
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We visited Geneva for two nights in July which was quite warm and rainy. We were greeted by the hotel staff in the elegant but small hotel lobby. Our room faced Lake Geneva and we had a lovely view of all the activity on the waterfront. The room was nicely decorated with a grand bathroom including double sinks, shower, separate toilet and large soaking tub. The air conditioning worked extremely well and this is not the case in many hotels in Geneva. We were surprised by the heat and humidity, so this should be a consideration for summer visitors. The breakfast buffet was so inadequate that we skipped it altogether the second day. The limited selection of food was offensive at this price point and I am certain the pineapple came out of a can! On our next trip to Geneva we will stay on the other side of the Lake which is closer to shopping, dining and museums.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Donna H
I personally wish to thank you for your nice feedback on your Beau-Rivage's experience, It is always lovely to read our guest felt in our property. I have well noticed your remark regarding the breakfast and will keep it on mind for the next breakfast's menu for the new season.
All my best