“My favorite Hotel in Geneva”

Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva
Ranked #16 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I allways use this Hotel when come to Geneva. First because of the atmosphere of an "old-time" of a small but stylish palace, spacious and perfectly equipped rooms, very friendly and helpful staff, very nice bar with live piano music, spectacular views over the Lake and secondly because of a very good location overlooking the lake and a possibility of a short but very pleasant walk to the city center using one of the beautiful bridges across the Lake. Breakfast has almost everything you need and the staff is open to meet your even special request. For example they always prepare a fish and salad for my husband who uses to eat this on breakfast. Their scrambled eggs with mushrooms is among my favorites!
And try their orange with chocolate marmelade, it's very tasty!

Room Tip: Choose the room with lake view, you will not be disappointed. Higher floor is better
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
BeauRivageGeneva, Directeur général at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,
I personally wish to thank you for your positive feedback on our property Beau-Rivage, Geneva.
It is always a thrill to read our guests have had a wonderful experience with us during their stay.
We thrive on excellency and it is our perpetual mission to provide complete guest satisfaction.
On behalf of all the property, we look forward to welcoming you again soon and to make your future stay just as memorable.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have stayed there a number of times and it still excels. Traditional, not over large but with all the facilities and great staff. Really good breakfast with plenty of choice and great dining options. A relaxing gem.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
BeauRivageGeneva, Directeur général at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic comment. I am really happy you enjoyed your stay at Beau-Rivage and had this special feeling signed Beau-Rivage full of emotion and passion.

Director

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We traveled with our 13 months son. I wrote an e-mail in advance to ask a baby cot in room, and they promised they will, but it turned out nothing appeared in our room.
With a high room price I expected to have a high quality service, and it's very disappointed.
The room is nice, but there is nowhere else you can go in the hotel (no swimming pool or something like that).
BTW, if you want to book this hotel, don't book it on HotelClub. You can get the same price with breakfast (which is worth CHF 47.- per adult and per meal) on other website.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
BeauRivageGeneva, Directeur général at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your feedback.
In my position of General Manager I feel very concerned about the experience of our guests and I am really sorry to read that your stay didn't meet your expectations.
Regarding the baby cot, I will personnaly look after my staff to clarify this problem.
I stay at your entire disposal if you should give us nevertheless another opportunity to welcome you again at Beau-Rivage and give you the possibility to have a completely perfect experience.

Director

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Every time live brings me to Geneva, I come to Beau Rivage Hotel. I consider it to be one of the city landmarks, and what de-facto it is. If time or money do not allow you to stay there, come just for a meal: the chef is a true artist, they will spoil you with compliments, and even breakfast is an event to remember and is internationally noteworthy. The place has 5 stars, but should be claiming more: I would not be able to count a dozen hotels of that level in Europe: a couple of hotels in Paris, Dorchester in London, Taleon Club in St. Petersbourg and… it’s sister Beau Rivage hotel in Lausanne…

In many good hotels you have staff who are well trained, -- the difference is: in Beau Rivage they handle your matters with intelligence and artistism. The rooms are irreproachable.

The main message the hotel wants to convey to the guest: “Remember this stay! You have succeeded in your life (at least economically)”, and you have the right to comfort in the first row… And watching the lake Leman fountain right from the hotel window, it is hard to disagree…

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
BeauRivageGeneva, General Manager at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you, thank you so much for your enthusiastic comment. I am very touched by your beautiful message. I am really happy you enjoyed your different stays at Beau-Rivage and had this special feeling signed Beau-Rivage full of emotion, passion and know-how.
With my kind regards,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed for just one night for business in January. All encounters with staff were excellent and found them to be professional, courteous and prompt. The room was nice, with an extremely comfortable bed that gave me a brilliant sleep. Bathroom well appointed (of note, espec for the ladies, was the provision of Clarin's products - something different), and spotlessly clean. The only thing i found a minor issue in the room was the temperature of it - very warm - but had been snowing outside so can understand them wanting the rooms to be nice and toasty, and i probably could have found the climate control panel if i looked for it, but was so tired i fell into bed. Bar is really nice place to meet for drinks, and the overall location is great, just across the road from the lakefront. Would 100% recommend it to other business travellers, or any couples looking to treat themselves.. Out of 100 i would rate it a 95, the 5 points docked for the non delivery of a morning newspaper that was requested.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

It is always a thrill to read what our guest felt in our property. It drives us towards excellency, which is our day-to-day goal. We look forward to welcoming you back to Beau-Rivage to make your stay perfect this time.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is in a very nice location across from the lake. The exterior and the first floor are beautiful. The hallways and the rooms are very dated however. The musty odor in the room is very noticeable. It is probably a good value for the price. Another problem was relatively poor door service as I had to wait for the Valet person or the Bellman to arrive.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ramin K
BeauRivageGeneva, Directeur général at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting this review. Beau-Rivage is a family hotel establishment that steers clear of short-lived fashions yet always in tune the times. I regret that you did not fully appreciate them.
Regarding, the poor door service, I will personnaly look after with my staff to clarify this problem.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on Thursday the 10th of October with a colleague. The Beau-Rivage is a beautiful, elegant hotel facing Lake Geneva and is a short walk away from the the shops and restaurants of Geneva.
The service was wonderful from start to finish. The staff really can't do enough for you and are very helpful.
The hotel is a old hotel and this adds to its charm. The bedroom was large and lovely and clean and the bathroom was the same with Clarins products to use. The only downside was there wasn't any tea or coffee making facilities so we had to order our first cup of tea of the day through room service and as with everything else in Geneva it was very expensive.
The breakfast was good but could of had more choice and was exceptionally expensive, however the service was wonderful in the restaurant too.
The hotel doesn't have a swimming pool so I can't rate that , however they do have a small spa but I can't rate that either as I didn't use it.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone I know who is thinking of visiting Geneva. It really is worth staying at.

Room Tip: Splash out if you can and have a lake view room. However the room we stayed in was beautiful even th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jo M
BeauRivageGeneva, General Manager at Hotel Beau-Rivage Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Sir,

I was thrilled to read about your experience and pleased that the room and the staff met your expectations.

We have also taken good note of your remark concerning the breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to making your stay memorable experience again.

With best regards,