“Great hotel”
Review of Hotel Bristol

Hotel Bristol
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Lovely hotel. Close to everything and staff went above and beyond to assist with site seeing to do's and accommodations. I would return there for sure. The hotel rate was in the mid $250 but it seems to be the norm in that area. I think the room was very nice and worth the cost. The TV had a welcome note with our name on it which was a very nice touch. I would return there for sure.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie B K
BristolManager, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Jackie,

We hope that you had a nice journey back home and thank you very much for being one of our ambassadors.
We sincerely wish to welcome you in the near future and remain

Yours Sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed 20 July 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Bristol on our first rip to Geneva. I can't comment on it's price and service relative to other Geneva hotels but I can tell you that we found the staff to be exceptionally helpful and courteous, the room large and with multiple amenities including coffee service, chocolates, in-room bar, and safe. The lobby had several English -language newspapers and the quality of the restaurant food was very good (and I am very particular about my food). I have read other comments indicating that the food was expensive but so is everything in Geneva and the quality equal if not better for the price. We especially found the location ideal for our tastes. It's located just a half-block from the lake slightly north from Mont Blanc bridge which is close enough to all without being in the midst of much traffic. You are also close enough to the train station (within walking distance,i.e. Just a few blocks). We would generally walk across the bridge every day and return every night to a quiet and relaxing stay at the Hotel Bristol. P.S. The quality of the bedding was exceptional and just what we needed after a long day of sight-seeing.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gabettarossa

Dear Guest,

A huge thank you for taking the time to post this comment after staying with us.
We already forwarded your appreciation to all our staff as this is always rewarding to receive such compliments.

Wishing to have the pleasure to welcome you during your next stay in Geneva, we remain

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed here as my colleagues raved about it. I wasn't so impressed.

Ok - the rooms had great air conditioning if you could figure out the cold but were relatively small. There is no iron and ironing board in the room (something I always find frustrating in Europe), but at least they were quick to bring one up when asked.

This hotel is best described as an old fashioned stylistic hotel in a great location in the centre of Geneva. As a person who likes more contemporary luxury, I probably won't go back, but if you prefer older style hotels, this is ok and as I said the location is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank thefrequenttraveller
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed here in Sept 2009. The staff are very helpful. The service is excellent. There was a lady playing the harp/piano everyday during breakfast. The location is excellent. Our room had a beautiful view. The breakfast was excellent and I will never forget the lovely coffee served there. It was simply amazing.We would surely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmilAlex
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Nice hotel in the centern of Geneva close to the Lake, Old Town, Shopping center . Nice, cosy hotel with excellent service, nice breakfast and food. The rooms are big, perfect cleaning. If I come back I will stay here again and I strongly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ingah22
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Hotel is everything you can expected to have from a 4 star European hotel. They give a room facing the park behind the hotel what I recommend, is quite and very private. Rooms are very nice with amenities and a good bed. The location is great: near the lake to make the morning or evening walks, bus stop at door steps, nearby many shops, restaurants and supermarket. I definitively will stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the square behind the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank darwinsail
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I spent a few days in and near Geneva (Annecy, Viviers du Lac, etc). In Geneva we stayed at Bristol Hotel near the lake. Everything was excellent. Greeting us at the reception was reassuring and nice. Room was spacious, clean and splendidly comfortable. Tea room/bar was great with good selection of teas and dessert. We did not eat the restaurant but it looked good to us. Service was good. Location is perfect. Walking distance to all Geneva destinations, such as the lake, the flower clock, restaurants and shopping. The way our trip to the airport was scheduled and the ease of check out was good. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple