“Very comfortable room although a few minor issues”
Review of Hotel Bristol

Hotel Bristol
Ranked #8 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The room was overall great, the bed very comfortable, the hotel facilities recent and accessible.
When the window shetters did not work, technical staff repaired it within the day.
But the shower handle which was not OK, although it was functional, has not been replaced which is the only inconvenience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Xavier B

Reviewed 5 August 2012

The Hotel Bristol was wonderful. The room was very clean, the hotel staff was most accommodating, and the complimentary buffet breakfast with a harpist playing was lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel for it's location, charming atmosphere, and personal attentiveness of the staff. (FYI....there is free parking in the back of the hotel from 1930 till 0800 but it can only be extended for additional 90 minutes by using the parking meter).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wanderlust112
BristolManager, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear guest,

We thank you very much for posting this comment and we are very happy to learn that you were entirelly satisfied with your stay at the Bristol Hotel Geneva.

It is always rewarding to notice that our guests appreciate our efforts in order to make their stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon, we remain,

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Lovely hotel. Close to everything and staff went above and beyond to assist with site seeing to do's and accommodations. I would return there for sure. The hotel rate was in the mid $250 but it seems to be the norm in that area. I think the room was very nice and worth the cost. The TV had a welcome note with our name on it which was a very nice touch. I would return there for sure.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie B K

Dear Jackie,

We hope that you had a nice journey back home and thank you very much for being one of our ambassadors.
We sincerely wish to welcome you in the near future and remain

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 20 July 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Bristol on our first rip to Geneva. I can't comment on it's price and service relative to other Geneva hotels but I can tell you that we found the staff to be exceptionally helpful and courteous, the room large and with multiple amenities including coffee service, chocolates, in-room bar, and safe. The lobby had several English -language newspapers and the quality of the restaurant food was very good (and I am very particular about my food). I have read other comments indicating that the food was expensive but so is everything in Geneva and the quality equal if not better for the price. We especially found the location ideal for our tastes. It's located just a half-block from the lake slightly north from Mont Blanc bridge which is close enough to all without being in the midst of much traffic. You are also close enough to the train station (within walking distance,i.e. Just a few blocks). We would generally walk across the bridge every day and return every night to a quiet and relaxing stay at the Hotel Bristol. P.S. The quality of the bedding was exceptional and just what we needed after a long day of sight-seeing.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gabettarossa

Dear Guest,

A huge thank you for taking the time to post this comment after staying with us.
We already forwarded your appreciation to all our staff as this is always rewarding to receive such compliments.

Wishing to have the pleasure to welcome you during your next stay in Geneva, we remain

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed here as my colleagues raved about it. I wasn't so impressed.

Ok - the rooms had great air conditioning if you could figure out the cold but were relatively small. There is no iron and ironing board in the room (something I always find frustrating in Europe), but at least they were quick to bring one up when asked.

This hotel is best described as an old fashioned stylistic hotel in a great location in the centre of Geneva. As a person who likes more contemporary luxury, I probably won't go back, but if you prefer older style hotels, this is ok and as I said the location is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank thefrequenttraveller
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed here in Sept 2009. The staff are very helpful. The service is excellent. There was a lady playing the harp/piano everyday during breakfast. The location is excellent. Our room had a beautiful view. The breakfast was excellent and I will never forget the lovely coffee served there. It was simply amazing.We would surely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmilAlex
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Nice hotel in the centern of Geneva close to the Lake, Old Town, Shopping center . Nice, cosy hotel with excellent service, nice breakfast and food. The rooms are big, perfect cleaning. If I come back I will stay here again and I strongly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business