Hotel Bristol
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
1,146 results
All reviewsold towngreat locationtrain stationrue du mont blancroom serviceexcellent hotelfour star hoteldeluxe roomlake genevaexcellent staybusiness tripcomfortable roomsnespresso machinevisit genevajacuzziconciergeswitzerland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Great location for this hotel, close for the train station, the lake and the heart of Geneva. The bedroom and the hotel itself was classic and very comfortable and I really want to point out the quality of the service and of the employees. I come several times per year in Geneva for business and I have decided to choose this hotel each time.

1  Thank Hel75Paris
BristolManager, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your nice comment and we are very pleased to learn that you will stay at the Bristol Hotel next time you come to Geneva.
Looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you soon, we remain at your entire disposal for any further information or assistance.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed here for business for 2 nights in March 2013. It wouldn't have been my first choice but as the Geneva auto show was going on, this was my only option. I loved it however and was glad I was able to stay here. I would return.

This hotel reminds me of watching my parents' slides of their trips to Europe during the 1970s. Or seeing James Bond check into a hotel on the hunt for a spy during the height of the cold war. It's the kind of hotel that would have been absolutely top grade in the 70s and 80s but is not quite there now. It has the old world features that are quickly fading in Europe - elevators with doors that you pull open, lots of wood paneling, a restaurant that does not try to be hip but rather serves traditional cuisine, and a bar with live but quiet entertainment each night.

The room was sparkling clean and spacious and bright. Bedding was excellent and because my work was in the afternoon, I slept till 12pm one day. If there was any noise, I didn't hear it. The bathroom was very clean and had everything you could want including what appears to be marble. The tight shower looks to be a retro fit with a plasticy door that needs replacement.

The restaurant and bar were my favorite areas. I didn't eat a formal meal in the restaurant but did have breakfast to the pleasant sounds of a harpist on my last morning. I had an excellent club sandwich at the bar for lunch and nightly drinks from Yannick, an amicable and efficient bar tender.

Sitting at the bar, listening to the guitar player and harpist, and watching a cold Geneva evening unfold on the street beyond the glass windows....that's Europe.

Jonathan

1  Thank Jonathan S
BristolManager, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Jonathan,

A huge thank you for posting this quite complete review with descriptions and pictures. Indeed, the Bristol is all about traditional but classy style, excellent personalised service and beautiful amenities. We would also add with a perfect location if we may...
Being one of our most fervent ambassadors, we thank you again for your support and really hope to meet you during your next stay at the Bristol Hotel Geneva!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

A short walk fromt he train station in an area with some nice restaurants, this hotel provides comfortable beds and friendly welcoming service.

The overall style is a little old fashioned for my perfect choice, but very tidy and clean. The bed was very confortable and the wifi worked well too. Modern, large flat screens, a sofa, well stocked mini bar all there to add to the overall comfort.

Breakfast was good - a good choice, really nice scrambled eggs and crispy bacon and friendly service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
BristolManager, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review and we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Bristol Hotel Geneva.
We sincerely hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again, and we remain at your entire disposal for any further information.

Kind regards from Geneva

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Everything is very dear in Switzerland, so it goes without saying, the hotel is expensive. Well located, close to the river, old town and business area. Rooms well appointed. We received a double upgrade as they were unable to honour our "no smoking" request. Our two rooms opened to the court yard which was rather noisy all night if windows were opened, which was necessary to reduce the heat. Beds and bedding luxurious and comfortable.We were able to secure a "free" parking spot in the court yard as it is "free" after 7 pm and on Sundays. Parking is a jaunt away if you are unable to find a spot around the court yard. Week days it is likely advisable to park in the assigned spots the concierge directs one to. (We did note an 80 swiss franc ticket on the vehicle beside us from the day time. ) The restaurant buffet breakfast was lovely. Cold and warm foods. Excellent. The harp player was an addition to the ambience. There is a Starbucks around the corner if one prefers to go "off campus" for an expensive latte. Lovely walk to the old town. All the top designers walkable, if you have this shopping in your budget. Chanel etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

The feedback of our guests are very important to us, and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review.
Looking forward to welcoming you during your next stay in Geneva, we remain

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 3 March 2013

This hotel has a great location, just half a block from the lake and the Mont Blanc bridge in downtown Geneva. The decoration is classic old world, but with very modern touches such as free high quality wifi, and a gym and jacuzzi in the basement. The room was super comfortable with a great bed, and we also enjoyed an excellent breakfast buffet, including live entertainment by a harp player. Very classy! I can highly recommend Hotel Bristol.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

We really appreciate that you took some time to rate us on Tripadvisor and also add this review.
Many thanks for your support and we sincerely hope to welcome you in the future.