“Appalling service, less than average quality food”

Brasserie des Halles de L'Ile
Ranked #1,339 of 1,757 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$14 - US$40
Cuisines: French, Middle Eastern, Swiss, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We went to the restaurant as a group, having taken the trouble to book several days in advance. The staff gave the impression they couldn't care less. They didn't seem to have any ideal of the concept of service. When combined with the fairly poor quality food, the generally tatty-bearing-on-dirty surroundings we all decided that this was definitely a place to miss in the future. And its is not as if we were tourists, as several of us were "locals" speaking French and therefore hopefully not people to be taken as "gullible tourists".

1  Thank Nicholas56

Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

A group of 6 of us reserved a table by the windows for Saturday brunch.
The menu was simple, but it looked good.
Although I wish our food hadn't taken as long as it did (we were there very early) it was worth waiting for.
My mushroom omelet was delicious, and the mango sorbet I had for dessert was like nothing I've ever had.
I definitely recommend this place, but I suggest to go early because the lunch crowd can take over pretty fast.

3  Thank caromitxirrika
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Great, fun bar and restaurant on the island in the centre of Geneva. Suited and booted clientele and a great busy vibe, friendly staff and a decent simple menu.

3  Thank FreshEire A
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I went for a friend's birthday in late December, and on a Thursday night, the bar was heaving with after work drinks which gave the place a great atmosphere. The resturant is decorated well and has been renovated stylishly with exposed brickwork to the old warehouse that it was before. To get to the restaurant, you do have to walk through a slightly dodgy (albeit it small) square where drug dealers tend to hang out, but this has never been an issue for me or any of my friends when accessing the restaurant. The food is pricey, but this is something I have come to expect of Geneva. In comparison, the drinks are fairly priced and the atmopshere is just wonderful. The staff are also very helpful and knowledgeable of the locally-sourced menu.

2  Thank sbrbrackley
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Didn't try the food, which has the reputation to be extremelly good, but just went there for a drink. Really stylish inside, with a long, modern, spotless bar. The building, sitting on an island on Rhône river, is quite romantic at sunset. Really appreciated for after work drinks by the local workers, and by students for later drinks. Awfully crowded on week-end nights, you'll need to fight to reach the bar and order your drink!

1  Thank globecoureuse