Half way through a two week bike trip we stopped at Geneva. Having tried 5 different places Montana was the only one with a room. As it was raining and we were tired we decided to take the room. The price was the most we paid during our entire trip....with no breakfast included.
Good bits - both receptionists we encountered were helpful and spoke English well
- close to station & lake however read bad bits too!
Bad bits - no breakfast the next day if you check in after 4pm as that's the cut off time
- poor wifi connection
- room has not been renovated since the 1930's
- TV is the size of a household fridge, I didn't even bother checking to see if it worked or what channels were available
- no a/c means a hot/sweaty/sleepless night in summer
- piss poor fan, the type you see in trucker cabs, to stay 'cool'
- mini bar behind a locked cabinet door, which was easy to pick I suppose as no key was given!
- ground floor room faces a car park/square which is 'washed' by a very loud machine at 8am
- hoovering outside room at 7.45am
- situated on Rue Des Alpes, which according to the receptionist is the border street between heaven & hell. Hell being the side where the prostitutes and potentially violent drug dealers/pimps hang out.
- no secure parking for motorcycles...even if you are willing to pay €17 a day
In short, this place is a dive. I would have given it a minus marking if there was one, and if the receptionists weren't hospitable.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Hotel Montana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana Hotel Geneva