This is not a bad hotel, but it is lacking in a few things regular Holiday Inn Express (HEI) guests have come to expect. First the good: it is close to the airport and it DOES have a free shuttle which runs every 30 minutes (I waited 28 minutes at the airport and it did arrive). The rooms are clean, modern, albeit a bit on the small side, but not uncomfortable for up to 2 persons. The AC worked well, the room was quiet, and the shower (no tub) was hot with good pressure. The tram station is only a short 1 block walk. Breakfast buffet was typical and very basic HEI fare. The not so good: there is no usable Wi-Fi signal in the lobby. The signal is poor and catches in only a small corner of the Lobby, and does not catch at all if more than 1 user tries to log on. Wired internet in your room will cost you 10 CHF/day. There is a single internet computer terminal in the Lobby, but it is always busy. On this same technology theme, the old style Philips CRT TV in the room has a decent selection of cable stations, but with just a 17 in/42 cm screen, they will appear tiny. The staff, efficient on most all other matters, had an aversion to providing information about gym access for guests. While the hotel web site advises an “off site” gym is available “for a fee”, two different Front Desk employees on two separate days advised they thought there was a gym in the hotel next door, but had no idea how much it costs or whether HEI guests could even use it! Both politely advised this was what their manager had advised them to tell guests. I have no problem with any hotel not having a gym if they disclose it, but this hotel should remove its current disclosure from its website. Finally, my room did have two single beds pushed together which apparently equals a queen bed in this hotel, although they were not uncomfortable. With these caveats, this hotel is still recommended because at just US$110/night for July (booked many months in advance) it was a very good bargain for Geneva.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hotel Express By Holiday Inn Geneva Airport. Ideally located next to the Geneva Airport and Palexpo Congress Centre, the hotel is only 15 min from City Centre and Lake Geneva: Free transportation ticket available at reception. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport every 20 min. from 05.50am to 11.30pm. Start your day with our free continental buffet breakfast, served every morning from 06.30am to 10am. Companies in our direct neighborhood: Jet Aviation-Tag Aviation-Skyguide-Eli Lilly-Cambridge-Charmilles-TCS-IBM-Lexmark-IATA-Dell. With its fast, efficient and convivial service at very attractive prices, the Hotel Express by Holiday Inn Geneva Airport has a bar, a lobby with free Wireless Lan access, television, a business centre with internet access (charge), a breakfast room, two meeting rooms and an underground and external carpark (CHF15/24 hours). All our rooms are equipped with bathroom with shower and separate toilet, a working desk, high speed internet access (CHF 10/day), a telephone, an interactive television set and a tea and coffee maker. Within few minutes walking distance, you will find various restaurants, a fitness centre, a casino and a shopping mall Our friendly reception staff is at your disposal if you need to rent a car or if you want to buy a city tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Express By Holiday Inn Geneva Airport Hotel Geneva
- Holiday Inn Geneva Airport
- Geneva Holiday Inn