“A room with a friend”

Ranked #40 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Cologne, Germany
“A room with a friend”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

For the first time ever (and I spend many nights away in hotels of a similar level) I had a little friend waiting to meet me! In my room last night I found a big insect, something like a cockroach waiting for me on the curtains which then ran around when I put on more lights!! The hotel moved me to another room but, I didn't sleep well wondering if he had friends in my new room as well!! This morning I was told 'this sometimes happens'!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Koelschsimon
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Koelschsimon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the incident during your stay. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We will be addressing the matter with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

Myrna M
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Hotel provided card for transportation for free so we can enjoyed with the tram to city and can walk around geneva lake. Also there was a big shopping centre with nice food court near the hotel.
Hotel room was so small but was ok for a night stayed before flight, free internet at reception area. Nice buffet breakfast but average hotel staff service.
There was shuttle service every 20 minutes to airport.

*Front desk staff presented the room bill to me and asked to pay for the room charge which I booked through Agoda! lol

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alice_Ker
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

The rooms are comfortable enough but certainly not exciting. Breakfast is nice. (Try the hot chocolate.) Nothing particularly interesting within walking distance but the shuttle to the airport is convenient enough. (The airport attaches to shopping, including a grocery store, and a train station.)

If you join their rewards club, you get free internet.

Geneva is an expensive city and this is a useful property if you have business near the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Janice20148,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel having a convenient location. comfortable rooms and breakfast up to par with your expectations. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel is next to Geneve airport, and I had an early morning flight so it seemed a safe bet.
Geneva is an old style boring provincial town which closes down early. The police even lock up the airport at night with passengers inside the airport! checking to see that stranded passengers have bona fide tickets. Unfortunately the hotel does not provide a wake up call service, instead you can set the TV to wake you up. I was tired after extensive travelleing and flopped down to sleep after setting the TV. The TV fused! However I did wake up in time as I have an internal alarm clock. Like everything in Geneva it is overpriced, tired, expensive and underserviced.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear mmz123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I enjoyed my time at this hotel. I stayed for one night on a layover in Geneva. The hotel doesn't have many amenities - no restaurant or activities. However, it's next door to the Movenpick Hotel and Casino, which has plenty of restaurants. It's also walking-distance to the train station, which will take you to downtown Geneva within 10 minutes. The hotel was clean, and the price was right. Internet is included for as many devices as you want. Definitely worth staying here if you need to be by the airport!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

While on business travel I had a10-hour layover at the Geneva Airport and chose to spend the night at the Holiday Inn Express. I had a great experience there. The rooms were spacious, very clean, and completely similar to the same properties in the USA. I know that others complain of WiFi only in the Lobby, but if you are a Priority Club Member (as I am), there is free WiFi in the rooms as well. I enjoyed my night's stay and had no problems whatever.

Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

The location of this hotel is exactly what we needed as we were only staying there for 16 hours before our flight. Very handy shuttle service to and from airport. Small rooms well laid out. After all when you are only there for a short amount of time there is really no need for a larger room. Price was reasonable. The breakfast was ok, service was good and I was pleased with the fact that the rooms were quite soundproof from outside noise seeing we were so close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel
Crowne Plaza Geneva
Crowne Plaza Geneva
#1 of 6 in Cointrin
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 2 in Le Grand Saconnex

Been to Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport? Share your experiences!