For the money, this was a great place to stay. This was my second stay at the Holiday Inn Express in the last 3 years while waiting for a Sunday morning flight after skiing in France for a week. Email communication with the hotel prior to arrival was responded to courteously and promptly. The airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes from outside the arrival area of the airport. The staff could not have been more helpful. In both cases my transfer returning from France had me arriving at the airport at mid-day on Saturday and the staff kindly allowed me to check-in early.They provided me with a free Geneva tourist transportation card that allowed for free passage on Geneva’s public transportation. The tram into Geneva is located only a block from the hotel and the front desk provide at transit map and written instructions on how to use the transport system. The hotel is clean and relatively modern with no frills. Free WIFI is provided throughout the hotel. The room had all the amenities I needed. Despite train tracks being located directly behind the hotel, the building is constructed such that it was very quiet inside. The included continental breakfast was good. I had no complaints regarding my stay 3 years ago and my only complaint this year is that there was a slight hint of urine smell in the area of the bathroom toilet in my room. For the cost, service and convenience, I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hotel Express By Holiday Inn Geneva Airport. Ideally located next to the Geneva Airport and Palexpo Congress Centre, the hotel is only 15 min from City Centre and Lake Geneva: Free transportation ticket available at reception. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport every 20 min. from 05.50am to 11.30pm. Start your day with our free continental buffet breakfast, served every morning from 06.30am to 10am. Companies in our direct neighborhood: Jet Aviation-Tag Aviation-Skyguide-Eli Lilly-Cambridge-Charmilles-TCS-IBM-Lexmark-IATA-Dell. With its fast, efficient and convivial service at very attractive prices, the Hotel Express by Holiday Inn Geneva Airport has a bar, a lobby with free Wireless Lan access, television, a business centre with internet access (charge), a breakfast room, two meeting rooms and an underground and external carpark (CHF15/24 hours). All our rooms are equipped with bathroom with shower and separate toilet, a working desk, high speed internet access (CHF 10/day), a telephone, an interactive television set and a tea and coffee maker. Within few minutes walking distance, you will find various restaurants, a fitness centre, a casino and a shopping mall Our friendly reception staff is at your disposal if you need to rent a car or if you want to buy a city tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Express By Holiday Inn Geneva Airport Hotel Geneva
- Holiday Inn Geneva Airport
- Geneva Holiday Inn