“Quite adequate airport hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport
Ranked #42 of 109 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This airport hotel is located a quick 5-minute shuttle ride from the terminal. Walking is also an option; a brisk walk takes just under 15 minutes.

The rooms are ok, nothing fancy, clean, simple but functional, typical for Holiday Inn Express properties. A quite decent breakfast is served in the lobby. However, getting something to eat in the evening is a bit of challenge as the hotel does not have its own restaurant. There is a shopping centre in a walking distance but eateries located there operate on some unreal schedule, so don't bother. The only option seem to be the Mövenpick hotel just across the street, its restaurant is nice but on the pricey side.

If you are heading downtown, the reception can give you a free public transport ticket.

It is a good place to stay if you have a quick stopover or, like myself, have business in the airport vicinity.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The room was clean, comfortable and had a great shower. Unfortunately, the rooms were not well sound proofed and we had sounds of doors slamming and conversations from people passing in the corridor. Thankfully, it was quiet overnight so we slept okay. The hotel breakfast was very good. The hotel has a small bar area and while there is no restaurant we had some food at a nearby shopping centre (closed Sundays).

Room Tip: No restaurant or room service. Ask for a room at end of corridors if available.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Peg212,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We came in on an overnight flight from the US. I had my fingers crossed that we might be able to check in early because my mom, who is in her late seventies, was beat. The clerks got us in immediately. I also had a reservation to visit CERN, and they gave me directions and a FREE tram ticket. Later on, they gave us directions to get into the old town, which is super easy on the tram. Breakfast was great. We will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

For the money, this was a great place to stay. This was my second stay at the Holiday Inn Express in the last 3 years while waiting for a Sunday morning flight after skiing in France for a week. Email communication with the hotel prior to arrival was responded to courteously and promptly. The airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes from outside the arrival area of the airport. The staff could not have been more helpful. In both cases my transfer returning from France had me arriving at the airport at mid-day on Saturday and the staff kindly allowed me to check-in early.They provided me with a free Geneva tourist transportation card that allowed for free passage on Geneva’s public transportation. The tram into Geneva is located only a block from the hotel and the front desk provide at transit map and written instructions on how to use the transport system. The hotel is clean and relatively modern with no frills. Free WIFI is provided throughout the hotel. The room had all the amenities I needed. Despite train tracks being located directly behind the hotel, the building is constructed such that it was very quiet inside. The included continental breakfast was good. I had no complaints regarding my stay 3 years ago and my only complaint this year is that there was a slight hint of urine smell in the area of the bathroom toilet in my room. For the cost, service and convenience, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here at beginning of a ski trip while waiting to go to the Alps. Clean in the room, not so clean in the public areas. Decent complimentary breakfast. Obviously not luxury but okay for what you get.

Room Tip: Location is excellent for airport to get on a plane or take the bus to the alps and nothing else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tamika B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Tamika B,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was with us. I appreciate the favorable comments about the breakfast items and clean room. It is unfortunate, however, that you felt the cleanliness of the surrounding area was less than satisfactory. Management has been made aware of your this issue and it will be addressed immediately.

Please be assured that your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope you give us another chance next time you are in town.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I didn't come in with high expectations, so I was disappointed! I stayed here with my mom who tagged along while I was traveling for business and we could hardy find space for our luggage in the standard double--typical Geneva.

Honestly, this is a 'one-nighter' hotel so you can catch an early flight out and won't spend much time in the hotel. Happens that we came in from Zurich by train in the later evening and flew out the next morning--if I were in that situation again I'd have no problem paying another visit. Wouldn't stay beyond that though because your money is better spent staying downtown where you can get a bit more comfortable. You might note the Mövenpick Hotel and Casino (with all its gustatory delights) is right next door.

The complimentary internet (for IHG Priority Club members), airport shuttle (serves both airport and train station) and the complimentary breakfast were all much appreciated during our quick turnaround. All things considered, this venue was good value for the low price I paid.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear UA787,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is important in our continuous drive for excellence. I am happy to read that our shuttle service, complimentary internet and breakfast exceeded your expectations. We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and rely on your feedback, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a hotel that has been adapted to the Holiday Inn Express Brand. We chose to stay here for the convenience. Do not stay here for that reason... the trains are so good and Geneva is so close, it is absolutely unnecessary to stay here solely for the purpose of catching a flight. My tip is to stay here only if you get a great price.

We found:
- the rooms were very small - even by HI Express standards;
- the rooms were clean;
- the bathroom was small;
- the surrounding suburbs were pretty grim although to be expected for an airport hotel;
- the towels were good - as were the pillows.

The hotel has a shuttle service which was free and fast but infrequent. We waited for 40 minutes which is surprising given that the hotel is just a couple of minutes away.

Check in was ok, but our room was not ready when it probably should have been. The staff had some suggestions for what we could do to fill in the time. The readiness of their suggestions made me think they were used to having people waiting to get their rooms. I had some suggestions of my own for them but kindly refrained from voicing them.

The hotel is a 4 minute walk from a large supermarket where you can buy anything you need. Use this option to save money. The shopping centre also has a restaurant which looked ok although we didn't partake of it.

Staff were sort of friendly but I couldn't say they went out of there way to welcome us.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear lex_loci_david,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize for the issues you had during check-in and the room accommodations you received was less than satisfactory. We also apologize you were not satisfied with the schedule of our Shuttle services. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
NH Geneva Airport
#2 of 2 in Meyrin
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 4 in Le Grand Saconnex
Pâquis Navigation
Novotel Geneve Centre
Novotel Geneve Centre
#40 of 109 in Geneva

Been to Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport? Share your experiences!