“Segway Through Old Town - It’s the Way to Go!”
Review of City Wheels

and up
Geneva Old Town Segway Tour
Ranked #1 of 31 Tours in Geneva
More attraction details
Owner description: Segways glide effortlessly and silently on all roads. Speeding up, braking and steering around obstacles is intuitive. Segway driving requires no special skills.Our tours are chosen so that you can enjoy the city. After a thorough briefing you will experience the excitement of riding on a Segway. At the same time you will learn background information and also some interesting anecdotes about Geneva’s well-known and some less well-known sites.Our tours are for ages 16 and above, and you must have a valid driver’s licence (scooter / car).
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Our guide, Bryant, did a great job of addressing our fears as we learned how to handle a Segway in the City Wheels training ground, he then lead on us a fun tour of the city. The tour was light on details but long on fun. Did I mention this was fun? FUN! Many of the tours I went on were informative, interesting, educational, but this one had elements of that and it was plain old-fashioned fun.

We went on a Sunday morning, which I highly recommend because so many shops are closed and people in churches (or elsewhere) making for rather wide open streets.

If you’re in Geneva, don’t miss City Wheels!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"europe"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 21 May 2013

A segway is a great way of getting around Geneva. I thought it would be difficult on the cobbled parts but it was no problem at all. Really good fun and I went from novice to expert ?? very quickly. Fantastic way of seeing the city without tiring yourself out.

3  Thank pinknomer
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I was in Geneva for business, and ended up with a few spare hours and wanted to see the city. I thought - what better way than a Segway! I called City Wheels, and had missed all of the organized tours for the day, but was able to do a private tour for 30CHF more than the standard long tour (150CHF) total. Winfried gave me a great personal tour of the city, including non-standard locations that had beautiful views or things that I'd mention interested me.

They only take cash, so be prepared (we had to stop at a bank along the way...)

I've done segway tours in a few cities, and this one was great.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I was a bit worried that the Segway would be difficult to use but it was really very easy so don't let that stop you from going on this tour! It was great to be able to see so much in a short amount of time and without aching feet afterwards! It is a little pricey but if you're sick of walking tours and want to do something fun then I would highly recommend seeing the old town on a Segway!

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My partner and I toured around Geneva's Old Town sights on City Wheels' Segways. Our tour took in lots of interesting locations, with informative and friendly chatter from our superb guide Bryan. The machines themselves are great fun to ride, and are perfectly suited to both the main roads and cobbled streets. There's a short training section of the course before you head out. The staff take you through the controls on a totally closed off course, complete with obstacles to steer round and over. I went from having never stepped on a Segway to whizzing around confidently by the end of the tour. The tour included a drink and biscuits, and our tour guide took lots of photos of us as we zipped round (emailed to us free afterwards). Highly recommended for a sunny day in Geneva.