“Check your doggy bags!”

Restaurant Lamartine
Ranked #110 of 1,684 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant is one of the best in Geneva. Tasty and fresh meat and wonderful service, run by 3 old gentlemen. Better to book in advance, especially during the weekend. Booking no. +41 22 3459091
Brooklyn, New York
“Check your doggy bags!”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The food was really good, and the portions were big; I was just about finishing off what was on my plate (steak, chips and veg), when a fresh plate of exactly the same stuff arrived. I've seen this before in restaurants, and really like it, as it keeps the food warm. However, on this occasion, I couldn't eat a bite more. I didn't touch any of the second plate, so asked for it to be packed away for me to take home. Opening up the box at lunch in work the next day, I was really annoyed to find that although the meat and some shrivelled up veg were in there, NONE of the chips were. They had either recycled or binned my full plate of chips. There are some good steak houses in this part of town, so after this experience, I will never go back to this one.

• Visited March 2013