It is not easy to find a decently priced and clean hotel option in Geneva. This Ibis hotel is a good choice for those who need to stay between the airport and the train station.
The location is ok but if you arrive by train you should be ready to walk 10 minutes uphill from the station. If you have a lot of luggage, it is better to take bus 8 to OMS and get off at Canonnière.
I arrived around 7pm on a weekday, there was only one person at the reception so the check-in was very slow. He finally had to get some help to serve all the people waiting.
Overall this is a pleasant hotel, with several good points:
- Renovated room, functional, clean, quiet
- Free transport card
- Free internet
- Nice TV channel selection
There are a few things I did not like:
- Bathroom : no tissues (typical in most Ibis hotels), no shelf to put toilet case
- Breakfast : canned fruit salad (maybe it is not always like this)
- Not many eating options around the hotel, you have to go near the train station
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel ibis Geneve Centre Nations boasts a city center location, just minutes from Cornavin train station, international organizations and the Geneva International Conference Centre (CICG). It is less than 15 minutes by public transport from Geneve Cointrin international airport and the Palexpo exhibition center, and has 216 rooms with an air cooling system and free WIFI. There is a 24-hour bar and paying car park (subject to availability on arrival). Guests also enjoy free public transport and WIFI. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your ibis Geneve Centre Nations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.