“Ok ok”

Cho Lon
Ranked #346 of 1,687 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Ok ok”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Just ok. Not as much authentic. Vietnamese coffee ain't good and more expensive than maison asie. Would suggest to reduce cost further.

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best "soupe saigonaise" in Europe - reasonable price”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I was on a short vacation of 4 days to Geneva and we discovered the restaurant by chance. The atmosphere was cosy, the staff were friendly, the service was pretty fast and the cleanliness was fine. We ordered four small tasting dishes and we happy with particularly the fried spring rolls (no. 23 on the menu). The main dish - "soupe saigonaise" (hủ tiếu Sài Gòn in Vietnamese) was the best surprise. It was prepared exactly as one could expect when visiting a local good soup restaurant in Ho Chi Minh city - it was touchingly delicious! The desserts were disappointing - we got "banane de coco" (no. D4) and "banane grille" (no. D5) - none of them was good.

For the food quality we got, we would say the price was reasonable. We dined out every single day and Geneva in general is an expensive city. We would definitely come back if we are in Geneva again next time.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Nhi_Quyen
New Delhi, India
“Good food - slightly expensive”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Nice restaurant -- not a very fancy ambiance -- but cozy restaurant - friendly waiters - food came in reasonably fast -- decently presented -- tasted well -- make sure you tell the waiters you want the Vietnamese coffee as its made in Vietnam else they will make it like the locals may require which is not the real thing. On the whole a good experience.

• Visited May 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“Plenty options, very limited vegetarian dishes”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I went there through a suggestion. It's near the angle between rue de Zurich and rue de Lausanne in Geneva, thus, it is very easy to find. In my views, there are too, way too many dishes on the menu. It's not helpful to clients. As vegetarian, I was surprised to find only very few vegetarian options. When I asked the possibility about having vegetarian fried rice by replacing prawn with tofu, I was told "No!!!!!", as if I was proposing her to get married (by the woman who seems to be the manager), and she suggested me to choose the ones in the menu (with the look like telling me .... Behave yourself, and don't be difficult. This is my restaurant, you take it or leave it).
However, I took plain rice with fried tofu. It was eight slices of tofu with sambal (spicy sauce) which surprisingly was very delicious which lead my non vegetarian friends took most part of it. I had to order the second one. Other colleagues took fried rice, vegetarian soup and fried noodle. They said it was good and rather good. The prices were very reasonable for Geneva. My tofu was only CHF 14.
I compliment the lady manager and saying that it was good. She did not say thank but told me that "but you have to book in advance during the weekend!!". I also suggested her to have more vegetarian dishes, and she responded "... in any case you have to call beforehand to have more vegetarian dishes!!!". Okay.... okay.... Definitely, I will come again for the nice tofu dish, but really.... she could have been nicer to clients. I hope she read this!!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Budi T
Geneva, Switzerland
“Worst service in geneva”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

The food is very good but the service(especially the woman who claims to be the manager) is atrocious. We have put up with it in the past but we will NEVER return. Too bad

1 Thank Pbk1970