Good quality modern hotel very close to the centre of Geneva and about 10 minutes walk to Lake Geneva and about 15 mins to the UN headquarters and Red Cross building. The hotel is ideal for business and pleasure - also saw a few families with young children. It is a large hotel with about 200 rooms, has a restaurant, bar, free internet and games for children. There is a really nice spa with relaxation room, hammam, sauna, solarium and massage room plus gym. The buffet breakfast is delicious and there is a huge choice.
Our room was a typical modern room, very comfortable bed, very clean, flat screen TV. Couldn’t fault it. Also the staffs were on the whole extremely friendly and helpful and knowledgeable about trips etc.
Things I'd recommend to do in Geneva include - a boat trip (about 3 hours round trip) from the water front to Yvoire which is about 1.5 hours away (actually into France) - its a 700 years old medieval town and so so charming. We loved this little town - its got lots of little shops, restaurants and bars and great views of the water. It’s also a very relaxing boat trip.
Whilst down at the lake front you’ll see the Jet d'Eau - which is a large fountain and is one of the city's most famous landmarks.
There are lots of lovely restaurants and bars in Geneva especially in the old town – which is lovely.
We didn’t get to the watch museum (Patek Philippe Museum) but everyone recommended it.
Take a walk through the botanical gardens – they are free and absolutely beautiful – you’ll find them by walking along the lake and taking a right.
I didn’t go shopping – but there is a huge selection of luxury shops. Price wise Geneva is expensive compared to London – probably about 20% more.
As you've paid a tourist tax we got a free public transport ticket which includes the wonderful little water taxis that take you from one side of the lake to the other.
Geneva looks very safe – which it probably is but be very careful of your wallets and bags as there are pick pockets around and they’ve very clever. If you do lose your passport – you’ll have to go to the city of Berne to get a new one and that’s two hours away on a train – so just be aware!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Geneve Centre is a 4 star hotel located in the heart of Geneva, close to Lake Geneva and 15 minutes from the UN headquarters. The hotel features 206 rooms, a restaurant, bar and 6 meeting rooms for conferences and seminars. This 4 star hotel is equally suited to business trips and holidays with your partner or family. In addition to the fitness centre and spa, with relaxation room, hammam, sauna, solarium and massage room, guests enjoy free public transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Geneve Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Geneve Centre Hotel Geneva
- Novotel Hotel Geneva
- Novotel Hotel Geneve Centre
- Novotel Geneva
- Geneva Novotel