My colleagues and I have been working in Geneva for the past few months and have several hotels in the Paquis area and near Rue de Lausanne. So far the Novotel has been one of the best to meet all our requirements and we enjoyed our stay.
The welcome from the staff at the hotel on arrival was friendly and provided us with all the information we needed for the duration of our stay. The hotel was very clean and well looked after.
My room was clean and all facilities were in working order. The bathroom was a good with a very stylish sink - very useful for a lady with cosmetics.
The only small issue i would have is the layout of the entrance when entering the room, particularly in the hallway. The lightening was poor and I couldn't see in the main mirror very well. it was very dark despite all lights switched on in the room. Also trying to maneuver between the wardrobe/ entrance door etc was pretty tight. It would have been easier to also have an iron board in the room but this is personal preference.
The hotel has a gym which is rather small but has the majority of equipment which is needed for a stay away from home. I didn't get a change to use the sauna facilities but will update my post when i next stay there.
The breakfast options were great and layout suitable for breakfast dining. We didn't try the evening meals at the hotel as there are many places nearby to eat, plus the menu in the hotel was quiet expensive for what you get... but than again so is most of Geneva. There is a perfectly good Thai 2 mins away for scrummy food.
The hotel itself is located near the red light district which several other reviewers have already highlighted, on arrival to the hotel we did think it was rather weird people were hanging around were doing but they did not pose a direct threat so went about our business. The hotel has security post 24/7 if any one has any issues.
Overall I was very happy with my stay and plan to be a stay regularly when I am there on business trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Geneve Centre is a 4 star hotel located in the heart of Geneva, close to Lake Geneva and 15 minutes from the UN headquarters. The hotel features 206 rooms, a restaurant, bar and 6 meeting rooms for conferences and seminars. This 4 star hotel is equally suited to business trips and holidays with your partner or family. In addition to the fitness centre and spa, with relaxation room, hammam, sauna, solarium and massage room, guests enjoy free public transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Geneve Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Geneve Centre Hotel Geneva
- Novotel Hotel Geneva
- Novotel Hotel Geneve Centre
- Novotel Geneva
- Geneva Novotel