Residence Cite-Verdaine
US$119
US$105
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$171
Travelocity
All reviewswithin walking distancekitchenettenoisetramdurationlake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I stayed in this hotel for over a year as it was being paid for by my company.
The ONLY good thing that I can say about this place was the great location, everything else was shocking.

I completely agree with the other reviews about the how rude and arrogant the guy on the front desk was. Any questions or queries I had, were answered by him as though i was a child who should have know better. His favourite response was "thats not how we do it in this country".
Once I went to reception to get a taxi to the airport. When I asked the guy if he could book me one, he told me the number was on the information sheet next to the bed and to do it myself!!!

I would not recommend this place to anyone and I am in shock that it is rated the 100th (out of 112) best hotel in Geneva.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2010

If you want to experience the worst treatment you could ever imagine, you should book a week at Cite Verdaine. Both people working at the front desk are arrogant, impolite and crazy. I could describe many episodes of real humiliation during my staying.
Just to give you an idea, I had my safe locked with all my money in it, and I spent 2 weeks spending on credit card, just to avoid talking to them. No matter how polite you are and how right you are in what you say, they will make sure to spoil your day before the conversation is over. It´s nothing but sad that they give tourists such impression about Switzerland.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2010

The manager on reception was simply rude and insulting, left me speechless on more than one occasion. I completly agree with what has been previously written about the hotel.

Avoid at all costs. Not worth getting abused on a daily basis by the person that is meant to help you enjoy a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I read the other reviews and totally agree - my partner was sleeping one day and I left without keys. I had to ring the doorbell to get back in and was made to feel a worthless piece of trash by the manager who had to walk 5 metres from his desk to open the door!!! The place was just awful...

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2008

I've been staying in the Cite Verdaine for over one week now and I can't wait to leave. The extremely tiny room is dirty and cheap. The website is totally unrepresentative of what the hotel actually looks like. The internet, although free of charge, is slow at all times.

The worst part was the service at the front desk. I wasn't able to receive calls for a whole week. I said maybe I was giving people the wrong number and he rudely replied "the instructions are on the table". I eventually found out that calls were coming through but the phone wasn't ringing. He replaced my phone the next day with a phone that didn't work! I asked him to replace my phone again, to which he replied by sighing and rolling his eyes. Not even a single apology.

Also the cleaning ladies don't even knock before coming into your room. They walked in on me several times.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)