“excellent accomodation”

Ranked #18 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
nicosia
“excellent accomodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

It is an amazing, design hotel. We had an upgrate to an open plan suite without paying. The staff was very helpful. We were given a card to use public transportation free.We loved the sauna and hammam facilities.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sunland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

I slept already two times in this hotel. The first time with a colleague of mine and I shared a suite. We had two separate bedrooms, a living room, a fully equiped kitchen and a huge bathroom. That was fantastic! I love this kind of luxury with plenty of space, separated rooms and all the equipments like at home.
As I like this hotel so much I went there recently with a movie director and a professional photographer. This time we went skiing in France which is next door and well served by bus lines from Geneva.
What I like particularly in this hotel are: it is located in a quiet street with no car traffic and in a upscale area of Geneva out of the main hotels zone which is around the train station. La Cour des Augustins is really a design hotel and the way I like it: refined, simple and only a touch of it here and there. All the rooms have white walls and a dark brown wooden floor. But here and there you have something a bit flashy like a huge paintaing, or colourful furnitures or some funny objects. The rooms are extremely comfortable and so cosy and pleasant. I slept like a baby each night. The breafast buffet is large and of top quality. I think that anyone can find what he likes and wants for breakfast. As to the service, that's really upper league. A front desk staff picked up my suitcase at my arrival and got me in my room, ask me if I was pleased and ask for anything I wanted. Each time I passed by the reception I got a smiley face and I got plenty of help for our trip to France to ski. This was the most pleasing, relaxing and joyful week-end in an hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
thessaloniki, greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights & it was a very pleasant experience. The hotel was exactly as shown at their site photos. Small, cosy but very stylish. We had booked a junior suite, they upgrated us in a loft, which was like a small appartment, with 2 tv's, ipod dock, desk & dinner table, sofa, nespresso machine, fully equipped kitchen, double basin bathroom & much more. Sauna & hot bath was great. Everything was very clean & the stuff was very helpful. We forgot the cellphone in a taxi, which they called for us & minutes after we realised it & called the reception, they called back to inform us the taxi driver found it & would return it to the hotel, which I find difficult to happen so quickly at a bigger hotel. The location was a little off city centre, but only 5 minutes by taxi, so not a problem. I would highly recomment it & would chose it again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2009

We stayed here for just one night, and would have loved to have stayed for longer. The hotel is a 10 minute tram-ride from the main train station and about another 5 minute walk from the tram stop.

I don't think the hotel was very busy as we were upgraded from our 'open space' room to a suite with a compact but very nice kitchen (even had a dishwasher) coffee machine and lounge area. The fridge is stocked with everything you'd expect and surprisingly wasn't that expensive. It felt wrong to stay in a Swiss hotel and not enjoy a Toblerone (but they also give you one as a little free gift when you leave so hold out if you can!)

The room was clean, fashionably furnished, everything looking in very good condition and without too much of the twee ornaments you can get in some boutique hotels. Plenty of towels, towelling robes, shampoo etc and a bath although the bath was quite small. Lots of lighting options, and temperature control (although we didn't use it). The street it's on isn't very busy so it was quiet, not sure how much this would change on a Friday/Saturday though.

The hotel obviously wants to appeal to business travellers so I was surprised the sauna only opened in the morning at weekends, this was a bit of a disappointment as we didn't get a chance to use it.

Some other reviewers have mentioned that breakfast was a low point and I agree. This was one of the more expensive hotels in the area we looked at and some others included breakfast. What we did get was disappointing; hot food wasn't very hot and not much of it. Freshly squeezed juices were extra as were any eggs other than boiled. Although it was self service I expected more staff to be on hand; it felt rather like because the place wasn't that busy and it was late in the morning that we weren't getting much attention.

Otherwise service was very good. Plenty of tourist information given to us, quick but friendly check-in/out and attentive to a question we had about the room. The next day we checked out and easily walked to the 'old town' and some other tourist areas of the city.

Because this is a small boutique hotel there isn't a bar but they do have a recommended restaurant over the road; just bear in mind if you fancy a nightcap you'll need to raid your minibar.

I would definitely stay here again, although I wouldn't have breakfast and I'd push for the upgrade again at the price we paid.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

luckily it was rainy outside.. im able to enjoy the hotel facility. Love the sauna n steam room.. the design is fresh and minimilist. watch the video!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2009

This hotel is fresh, well located, has good facilities, and last but not least - excellent service, which is not common in Geneva. I think it's quite new, with large rooms and bathrooms and wooden flooring. I had ordered a double room, but got upgraded to a junior suite without asking. It's well located - the trap stops a few meters away (but not so near that it's noicy), there are a few good restaurants nearby - two with french cuisine, and one cheap thai with a big take away meny. There is also a bakery in the same block where you can buy breakfast. In the room there is water and chocolate included - a nice gesture in one of the most expensive cities in the world. There is bathrobes in the rooms, and recently they opened a fitness center. The main shopping street is a few blocks away, but there is also some shops close to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2009

My husband and I spent a couple of night here and I have to say that although we balked at the price, it was well worth it. It really contributed to our overall experince of Geneva. It is a couple of minutes walk from the tram that takes you into the main shopping area just before the water. It is maybe 15 mins tram ride from the jet d'eau and 15 mins tram ride from the gorgeous area of carouge where you can while away the hours pottering through the tens of beauiful interior boutiques. The area itself isn't the best but the hotel is located down a side street with a nice couple of bars/ restaurants right outside. I would avoid the breakfast as it is incredibly expensive.... go to the bakery on the corner and get a few pain au chocolats instead. We had a nespresso machine in our room which I was pleased with. We were also upgraded upon arrival and our room was large, beautifully decorated, had a kitchen and nice bathroom. I caught a glimpse of other rooms and look nice but a bit smaller and plainer. I will try to upload a photo. The staff were very helpful. There is free internet... in large funky pod chairs in the reception and boxes of toblerones everywhere :) We had a bit of business to do so in order to see the sights we took a boat trip on lake geneva, heaven! And we took the bus to the french/ swiss border and went up the cable car to get a fantastic view of the city and mont blanc far off in the distance. Best view of mont blanc is from the boat actually. We also took a stupid looking mini train and it took us pass all the main buildings like the UN etc. Again, I would recommend it. Love Geneva though it is insanely expensive!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business