“Friendly staff and excellent value for Geneva”
Review of Tor Hotel Geneve

Tor Hotel Geneve
Ranked #3 of 22 Geneva B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in August with my husband and mother in-law. For Geneva this hotel is excellent value. The staff were extremely friendly. Breakfast was simple, but nice; 1 croissant, 1 piece of fruit, 1 yogurt, 1 fruit juice and choice of hot drink (tea, coffee or hot chocolate). Breakfast was included in the price and delivered to the room at the requested time. The room was not large, but a good size for Geneva and enough room for the three of us.
We were given free transport tickets on arrival. The wifi didn't always work in the room.
The hotel is easily reached from the airport by train (get your free ticket from a machine in the baggage claim area) - the train station in Geneva is about 5 mins from the hotel. The hotel is within 5 mins walk of the lake and about 10-15 mins to the old town.
While I would normally give a hotel like this 4 stars, I think for Geneva it well and truly deserves the 5 stars. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Geneva.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SpachNZ
patrelle, Owner at Tor Hotel Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2012

Greetings from Geneva

Thank you for taking the time to send a comment on your stay at Torhotel Geneva.
Your feedback is integral to our quest for excellence.

We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments about the hotel have been communicated to the entire team I am certain this will serve as a source of inspiration for us, in achieving higher standards.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable feedback.

We hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back

Please do let me know in the meantime if I can be of any assistance.

Warm regards

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Stayed in the Hotel Tor this summer for 2 nights - we found it very convenient for a little bit of exploring before heading on to our next destination. Room was clean and practical with hairdryer, TV and DVD player as well as a fan for the sudden heat wave. Bathroom had a fantastic shower but was quite compact and required a little strategic maneuvering so it definitely wouldn't fit the slightly larger guest. Continental breakfast was included in the price and delivered to the room each morning between 7am-9am, and you were asked your preference upon arrival; the reception staff were also lovely and provided us with the Geneva card which is available to all hotel guests. All in all a lovely little hotel which makes the most of it's compactness (reception is on the 3rd floor but there is a lift!) and is great value for a short budget Swiss break.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank travelqueenNi
Reviewed 26 July 2012

A great hotel in an excellent location. We stayed here as a family and had an appartment on the top floor with 2 separate rooms which were very spacious. The bathroom was also big. the staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is brought to your room which is basic but ok. Great value for money for a central hotel in Geneva. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel as I had night to and from Chamonix in France. The hotel is a synch from the airport (via the free train for which you just need a ticket in the baggage hall). It was perfectly located to explore the city in a day and then catch a coach (as the central station is just opposite). The rate was very, very good value. The staff multi-lingual and incredibly obliging. The only negative was that the rooms were quite warm; although leaving the fan on was more than enough to make it comfortable.

Room Tip: They have one with a small kitchen on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
torhotel, Directeur général at Tor Hotel Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Dear Madam, Dear Sir

Greetings from Geneva

Your feedback is integral to our quest for excellence.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable feedback.

We hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back

Please do let me know in the meantime if I can be of any assistance.

Warm regards,

Sylvie et Laurent Patrelle
Owner-General Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have booked this hotel as a overnight stay in Geneva before catching my flight next day. Overall this hotel ticked all the boxes of what I needed. It has a great location just a short stroll from the train station where you can get to the airport in 7 mins. It is only two blocks away from Lake Geneva and as with all the hotels in the city, you get a free public transport card to use during your stay, so you can quickly get to the old town if you don't fancy the nice walk.
The staff were kind and helpful, welcoming warmly even arriving on a Fri at 7 pm and storing my luggage after check out so I could spend a couple of hours in town. Breakfast was generous and delivered at the room.

The single room was exactly what I needed, clean, good shower, reliable WIFI, spacious and comfortable bed. Perhaps the only minor note was that the rooms facing the street might be troubled by the noise. Well, this only happened because it was 30C and I wanted to sleep with the windows wide open. I decided then to turn the fan on and leave the windows half-opened and it was alright.

Very nice experience and happy to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sally_Fields_11
Reviewed 25 June 2012

There is clearly limited space in this small hotel, but they have creatively make good use of them. As a result, my family room still has a lot of storage space. But the small toilet door and the narrow bathing cubicle may pose some problem to big size peope. Nevertheless, the room is neat and clean, and very functional. It has a room safe even. Perhaps a small kettle may need to be added. So even such an expensive city and for the price you pay, it is quite good. Go with the right expectation, and you should be fine.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We rented two studio rooms. The bathroom and kitchen were less than modern. The beds were camping quality. The rooms overlook the bus station and an all night trailer diner. The noise was unbelievable, late night screams for no reason. The fan in the room was faulty, when we asked for another, they provided a new one. When we returned to the room the next day, the old one was back. We were told we could reset the timer every for hours to make it work. The breakfast was less than continental, it was a joke. We called ahead to ask about parking, we were told we could park across the street. They failed to say you can park from 7 pm to 7 am. Location is the only good thing about our stay.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends