“Very good and reasonable rate for Geneva standards”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tor Hotel Geneve

Tor Hotel Geneve
Ranked #2 of 21 Geneva B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very good and reasonable rate for Geneva standards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

Very nice clean hotel right in Geneva's city centre, close to all amenities like Lake Geneva, Old Centre, shopping etc. We stayed with 4 adults in a 2 room apartment on the 2nd floor for SFR 200/night. The apt was very clean and equipped with everything (all kitchen utensils, small fridge, stove, oven, microwave, dining table for 4). The bathroom was very clean and cosy. There was a seperate bedroom with a very good double bed and flatscreen TV and a cosy couch in the livingroom and a second flatscreen TV. There were 2 seperate single beds in the living room which sleep very comfortably. These 2 beds are normal beds with very good matresses and pillows. We did not hear any street noise whatsoever. The hotel offers the free Geneva transport card and the staff is very very friendly. They allowed us to see their standard rooms and I must say that looked very nice clean and also well equiped.
I would certainly stay at Tor Hotel again and certainly recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
patrelle, Propriétaire at Tor Hotel Geneve, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
Dear
We would like to thank you fro your visit and comment on our small hotel
It is always a pleasur to hear our guests are satisfied with our services
Your remarks will always help us and our team to keep our efforts to offer the best services possible
Hope we will be able to welcoem you again at Torhôtel
Wish you a Merry Christmass
Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

Good location next to the central station in the middle of the city. Room was ideal for a short stay, comfortable with all the facilities needed. It was nice not to be in a modern "uniform" hotel. Breakfast in the room was good, with plenty of choices and generous quantity, and the only choice since there is no restaurant. The free public transport that came free with the stay at the hotel was an added bonus.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Roy H
Dear Sir

Greetings from Geneva

Thank you for taking the time to send a comment on your stay at Torhotel Geneva.
Your feedback is integral to our quest for excellence.

We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments about the hotel have been communicated to the entire team I am certain this will serve as a source of inspiration for us, in achieving higher standards.

Warm regards,
Amherst, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed three nights in Hotel Tor while attending a conference in Geneva. The location is outstanding. Its close to the train station, close to some excellent restaurants, and within a short walk from the lake. The rooms are small but very clean and very efficiently organized. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The value is extraordinary for Geneva. Breakfast and wifi are included in the price of the room. I will stay here the next time I am in Geneva.

Room Tip: 206 looks on to an closed courtyard is super quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank JohnCarey
torhotel, Propriétaire at Tor Hotel Geneve, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Dear Sir

Warm regards,

Laurent Patrelle
Owner-General Manager
Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

I tried my lack three times after I was told the hotel was full and got a lucky break, someone had cancelled their booking. My room was super tidy and very intelligently arranged. No space wasted and even though its small I was comfortable.

The staff is very friendly and efficient. The toilet guests had to share was always impeccable. Towels were replaced everyday and breakfast was prompt at 6.45 or 9 depending on your choice.

Tea was hot and the toast crispy.

Internet is good and I had a free tram / bus pass.

My neighbour was a little bit noisy at times but other than that, this hotel is great value for money in a town that is so expensive! I was even tempted to take the studio which still cost less than a standard room in other hotels I'd contacted. I highly recommend this place and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Room 22 faced a backstreet so was quite most of the time.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank littlemermaid63

Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

A small, friendly hotel in a very good location in Geneva (close to both the station and the city centre). For Geneva the prices are reasonalbe if not modest, the rooms are clean, furnished in a very intelligent way (I had a single room which was not too big and still I felt as if I had plenty of space), the staff is friendly and very helpful, and the breakfast served in the room at any time wished is good (both quality and quantity). The only slightly negative point is the walls (and doors) being rather the opposite from sound proof. So the quality of your sleep is bound to depend on whether your neighbours are noisy or not.
All in all I would very much recommend this hotel for a stay of one or two nights for everyone who appreciates cleanliness and convenience; it's good value form money, but not luxurious.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa2109

Your feedback is integral to our quest for excellence.

We understood your concern about noisy walls and we want to inform we are actually working on renovations in order to give more privacy and silent to each rooms
It may not be done immediatly for all rooms but our goal is to finish at the end of next year...

Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in August with my husband and mother in-law. For Geneva this hotel is excellent value. The staff were extremely friendly. Breakfast was simple, but nice; 1 croissant, 1 piece of fruit, 1 yogurt, 1 fruit juice and choice of hot drink (tea, coffee or hot chocolate). Breakfast was included in the price and delivered to the room at the requested time. The room was not large, but a good size for Geneva and enough room for the three of us.
We were given free transport tickets on arrival. The wifi didn't always work in the room.
The hotel is easily reached from the airport by train (get your free ticket from a machine in the baggage claim area) - the train station in Geneva is about 5 mins from the hotel. The hotel is within 5 mins walk of the lake and about 10-15 mins to the old town.
While I would normally give a hotel like this 4 stars, I think for Geneva it well and truly deserves the 5 stars. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Geneva.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SpachNZ

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

Stayed in the Hotel Tor this summer for 2 nights - we found it very convenient for a little bit of exploring before heading on to our next destination. Room was clean and practical with hairdryer, TV and DVD player as well as a fan for the sudden heat wave. Bathroom had a fantastic shower but was quite compact and required a little strategic maneuvering so it definitely wouldn't fit the slightly larger guest. Continental breakfast was included in the price and delivered to the room each morning between 7am-9am, and you were asked your preference upon arrival; the reception staff were also lovely and provided us with the Geneva card which is available to all hotel guests. All in all a lovely little hotel which makes the most of it's compactness (reception is on the 3rd floor but there is a lift!) and is great value for a short budget Swiss break.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family