All reviewslidl supermarketbudget hotelcity centreshared bathroomlight sleepercomfortable roomvisiting genevaan expensive citystay there againfree wifiplainpalaistramshowertowelsloungelake
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Stayed there with wife and kid for two nights, three days. Relatively ok place, standard rooms which were clean, comfortable beds, and staff were polite and friendly.

I found the first night was fine, but for the second night the radiator was buzzing.......and couldn't be turned off......for my wife who is a deep sleeper was fine, but as I am a light sleeper it kept annoying me most of the night, which was a bit annoying.

Was also a bit strange that there was no kettle available in the room to boil water, or make some tea, which is a standard thing one would expect.
The morning continental breakfast was a joke, but then that's what a continental breakfast is.......a waste of time, would do well to feed a rabbit nevermind.....

Was good that the hotel gave us tickets for all Geneva public transport for the three days, that was a classy touch. Was a big plus as the tram and bus is very close, just around the corner, and only a few short stops to the city centre.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Finding a relatively inexpensive lodging but with decent amenities can be a challenge in Geneva and other Swiss cities. Hotel Carmen will therefore be one option. Centrally situated and easily accessible by public transport, it being just a few minutes of walking either from the stations of Uni-Mail or Plainpalais in addition to the city attractions such as Grand Theatre and Victoria Hall. This family-run establishment is manned by friendly personnel. As to the room, it is a little more than spartan with a comfy bed, table plus chair, wash basin, flat TV, clothing cabinet plus fast wifi. The premises are cleanly maintained and kept nice-smelling by strategically-placed fresheners. Shared bath however can be an inconvenience when one has to step out of the room to use the toilet or shower. There is an option to have breakfast for a separate charge. Being near other restaurants, shops, and supermarkets however provides choices for meals and other needs of the visitor.

Room Tip: Request for a room near the bathroom for convenience purposes.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Had to travel for business to Geneva and needed a central place to stay. In a city where prices for hotel rooms are sky rocking Hotel Carmen is a good alternative. The hotel is fairly reasonable priced, clean and close to walk in any direction. The rooms are basic but very clean.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Jenny G, Responsable réception at Hotel Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Thank you very much and hope to see you in a future.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

I stayed here for a night during my layover from Mont Blanc. It's very basic, so don't expect much from it. For 80 CHF, I had to use a common bathroom as well as a toilet. A bit inconvenient during the night, but you get what you pay for.

To my surprise, the accommodation is generally clean. You also have to pay tax upfront depending on how long you stay. The room has a TV and a good number of plus for you to charge your electronic devices.

The walls of the room is a bit thin, so I heard some noises throughout the night. Fortunately I only stayed for a night. But overall when we compare Hotel Carmen with other pricier options in Geneva, I think it's alright!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Jenny-Patrick, Responsable réception at Hotel Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

It was a pleasure to welcome you even if there were some incovenience.

Our best regards,

Jenny GASSER

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Beautiful simple budget accommodation.
I booked a room 3 weeks ago. I was given a room with no bathroom and toilet meaning I had to use shared facilities. This was quite inconveniencing as it meant I had to wake up at 6am everyday to ensure I shower first and use the bathroom whilst its clean.
On my 5th day of stay I got back to the hotel after a long day hoping to have a shower and relax but there was no hot water. The following morning (today) I was up at 6am again hoping there was hot water but still nothing. I have had to take a cold shower which is not good for me as I am an asthmatic.
Pretty disappointed with this service.
Overall its a nice, neat place with very basic breakfast.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

It was a pleasure to welcome you and SORRY for the inconvenience, it was the first time that we had a problem with hot water.

Our best regards,