“Worst service this side of Tokyo” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Geneva, Switzerland
“Worst service this side of Tokyo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for a number of years. The food is good but extremely expensive. The service has always been bad but the last time I went, there was virtually no service at all. The restaurant is tiny and was only about half full. I was brought to my seat and then it seemsI was forgotten about. After about 15 minutes I turned around and saw the waitress just standing there. I waved to her and then had to ask for a menu. I was then ignored for another 15 minutes before I had to wave at her again to take my order. I started my meal and realized that I was never given a hot towel. I waved to the male waiter and asked him for a hot towel. His response was that the restaurant no longer gives out hot towels, that it was too much work for the owner always having to wash the towels. I looked at him with bewilderment as I have never been in a Japanese Restaurant that does not give out hot towels when you sit down. I've been eating Japanese food several times a week for over 50 years.
A few minutes later a couple walked in and were seated. I noticed he came out with hot towels for them and then came over to my table and gave me one as well. He said' we just cleaned them'. Whatever. Both female waitresses were completely incompetent with their heads in the clouds - completely inattentive. The man waiter was trying his best but seemed completely out of his element, overwhelmed and badly trained. When one is spending over FR75.00 for a meal, which is close to $100.00 one expects a far more professional staff. I will NOT be eating here again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GigiBijou

St. Paul's Bay, Malta
“Cute Japanese Resto”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

The restaurant is tastefully decorated and always busy. The service is impeccable and the food is fresh. On the pricey side, but then again, where is it not pricey in Geneva! Reservations recommended as the place is quite busy.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“very good surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Excellent surprise. We did not know this restaurant before.
As main course we had Chirashi moriawasse (big bowls of sushi rice with pieces of raw fish).
It was excellent in many respects. First, something very often overlooked, the rice was very good.
Secondly of course, fishes were excellent as well. Salmon which usually ranges from
ordinary to bad was here very tasty with a very nice consistency. All other fishes
were perfect. Abalone: I am not a fan of it, in any case I suppose it is canned.
Tuna was ordinary: very fresh, but most likely albacore; it
is however possible to order fat tuna. As starters, we had ika-uni (cuttlefish and sea urchin) and
ikura oroshi (salmon roe on grated daikon): both were very good, but really too expensive,
especially ikura oroshi: 17 SFr for not much salmon row on daikon is not right.
Overall: we will come back. The main course could be considered (a bit) expensive, but I am not
so sure in view of the quality. The starters albeit very good were too expensive.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank thpthp
Geneva
“Very good sushi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2009

In Geneva there are many good Japanese restaurants. This is one of our favorites. Very nice makis.

1 Thank Reading-Traveling