“Pretty good but not special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Shahi Food - CLOSED

Shahi Food
Price range: US$17 - US$22
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: James-Fazy
Delaware
“Pretty good but not special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

First, the address should be updated. Shahi is now at 38 Rue de Lausanne. We went to Place de Cornavin 2 and they had a helpful sign on the door saying they had moved (in October). It was a little strange to see pizza on the menu, but then you find out that its now an Italian & Indian restaurant (a little strange to me). We ordered two vegetarian dishes which were o.k. Not bad, but not great. Not sure I'd go again, but given the reviews of other Indian restaurants in Geneva, perhaps this is as good as it gets.

• Visited December 2012

Rome, Italy
“great dahl near Geneva train station”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

I went there for lunch and there was only one other table occupied. It still took a while for the menu to arrive, then for the order to be taken, but I was in no hurry and amused myself by studying the very kitsch decor. The dahl was excellent, just the right consistency. Vegetable korma and Bombay aloo were okay. The salt lassi was deliciously sharp. Not expensive by Geneva standards, especially in view of the generous portion sizes. The service was courteous if a little slow.

• Visited June 2012
Confort, Rhone-Alpes, France
“Very good Indian, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Authentic food, nice atmosphere. Well-priced for Geneva, with the plus of offering halal meats. Portions are relatively generous and service is good. This is probably my favorite Indian restaurant in Geneva.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Jennifer F
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Good but little over the top decor, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Our Son wanted to eat ONLY indian and after long tiring day we had to settle for the closet restaurant to our hotel and i must say we were not diaappointed. We order dal/Paneer/naan and I must say that naans were so good that my 7yr old boy described it as "soft/puffy/sweet/crispy/non elastic/easy chew" so when naan were so good rest of the food just disappear down the pallet. I will go back to this place if I ever visit Geneva again.

• Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Pathetic service, rude and uncourteous waiters”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Pathetic service, rude and uncourteous waiters.This restaurant is severing low quality which is not safe for health. Due to his location it is in high demand apparently not taking all the precautions as per health and safety.

• Visited July 2012