“great hotel”
Review of Eastwest Hotel

Eastwest Hotel
Ranked #6 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 22 June 2010

recommended....central, fancy, but pricey. espresso machine in room!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 May 2010

The Eastwest hotel lived up to the reviews posted here.

The entrance was a little tricky to find as we drove and there is no parking at the front. Hence, check-in felt a little rushed even though it was a Sunday. We had pre-booked parking with the hotel as there is only a limited number of spaces onsite. Happy to take advantage of the valet parking as we did not need the car overnight.

The room was lovely with dark timbres and the most comfortable bed. I would have quite happily have stayed in that bed for days! The bathroom was spacious and the shower was excellent with a rain shower head.

Good restaurant where we had a most enjoyable dinner but did not have breakfast. The hotel is pet friendly and lots of nice walking spaces close to the hotel.

Overall a lovely hotel well supported by excellent staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2010

From the moment my wife and I entered the hotel the service was outstanding. The hotel is relatively new and exudes class, the decor is great, very eyecatching. When we checked in the receptionist, without asking, provided us with a map of the city and gave us free city travel passes which could be used on local trains and the boats on the lake. He explained how and where they could be used and pointed out the highlights for us to visit. When we checked out 3 days later we were given free bottled water. The service throughout was outstanding.

The rooms are great, modern with plenty of space and ammenities, Everything appearing in other reviews were spot on!!

Its not the cheapest hotel in Geneva but it is much cheaper than the 5 star places on the Lake front. I have read comments about breakfast but we rarely eat breakfast in hotels when on holidays prefering to go to local cafes or pick up pastries while we wander around. We had a very good dinner in the hotel as it was pouring down outside and being a Sunday night we didn't want to look for an open restaurant. Also worth knowing is that there is a terrific restaurant right across the road called L'Entrecore.

We can't recommend this hotel highly enough, if you go to Geneva stay here!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2010

I read a previews review from a solo female traveler that convinced me to stay at the Eastwest hotel (thank you for the recommendation!). As a female traveling alone, the most important thing to me is that that hotel is located in a safe and convenient location. Second most important thing is that it is clean. And third, that the hotel is resonability priced. The Eastwest met all those criterias. Though the hotel is close by the "night" life, it is very safe. The rooms were very nice. It is a one minute walk from Lake Geneva, about a 5 min walk to the train station, 5 min walk to old town Geneva, and close to all kinds of shopping, restaurants and Migros (supermarket).

I had stayed at the President Wilson Hotel during the week for work, which the company paid $600 CHF per night. There was no way I would pay that amount for my personal weekend stay. Fortunately, I found the Eastwest hotel that was only a few blocks from the President Wilson and paid 1/3 the price for an equally as nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and nice. And, the bed was comfortable.

I read negative reviews about the hotel breakfast, but really, it is no different than even what they served at the 5 star President Wilson Hotel. I'm from the U.S., so some of the food and cooking sytle (runny scramble eggs and cheese selections) may not be what we normally are use to. But I thought it was good. The breakfast buffet was $35CHF, which is expensive if you're not a big breakfast eater, but reasonable for what you pay outside for just a simple coffee and pastry. If you don't want the buffet, they have a coffee and patries for about $12CHF.

I would highly recommend this boutique hotel to any travelers trying to find a great hotel in friendly, safe, and a convenient location that is reasonably priced near Lake Geneva.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I've travelled to Geneva frequently the last years, and most of the times I stayed in the old city centre. The other side of the Geneva lake was not so popular, as this part of town is close to the red light district. I was quite surprised when I discovered this tiny hotel. All staff is very gentle, and the rooms are really lovely, including a wonderful bathroom. Breakfast is served in the tiny bar, and the wellness centre is small but cosy. I could recommend this place to anyone going to Geneva.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I really can't fault this hotel.

From the moment we walked through the door, we were very impressed. The lobby was tastefully decorated, nice ornaments around without looking at all kitsch. The front desk service were so lovely and helpful, absolute 10/10. Seamless check in.

The rooms are great - large, clean, have a good atmosphere about them. Everything is fresh and very well kempt. The hotel speaks of quality.

There is excellent attention to details. The toiletries were lovely, there was free quality tea and nespresso coffee. The staff are happy to replace supplies.

The rooms don't have much of a view but that doesn't matter.

The breakfast is just gorgeous. I have never seen so much choice. A fridge fully stocked with youghurt, smoothies, juices is just one thing on the menu. Rows of cereals, lots of delicious fresh bread... yet another example of how much this hotel caters to the customers.

Overall, very, very happy with the experience. Would definitely stay here again. Perfect for a short trip. Recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tori171
Reviewed 23 April 2010

I had booked at the Eastwest for a single night - I had been in a meeting in France and only needed a place to sleep before flying out the next day at noon. Unfortunately, the Icelandic volcano interfered and I stayed for 5 more nights. The hotel was beautiful and restful, with a very caring staff. They agreed to extend my stay at the same rate until my scheduled flight out. When I was suddenly able to get out 3 days earlier than expected, they cancelled the remainder of my stay with no hesitation and no penalty. You're 2 blocks from the beautiful promenade - Quai de Mont-Blanc - and the mouettes (small boats) that take you to the old city on the other side of the lake. You're a 5 minute walk from the train station and a free train to the airport. The hotel not only has an indoor library with computer, but an outdoor deck with a water wall and huge pots of bamboo creating a quiet, private sanctuary in which to work or have a drink. Very comfortable beds with high quality sheets, all the toiletries you need (and then some), a/c individually controlled, and an espresso/coffee/tea maker in the room. Lovely butter cookie with turn-down service. As a woman traveling on her own, I used room service for dinner several times - menu is limited, but very good (although I often bought my own coca-cola light (diet) across the street for 2 swiss francs, rather than the 7.5 charged in the room). Every staff member seemed pleasant and was helpful. Would recommend this hotel unreservedly.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business