“Better than most nearby Bento Box places... and probably cheaper.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kirin

Kirin
Ranked #619 of 1,677 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$0 - US$91
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Pâquis-Temple
Geneva, Switzerland
“Better than most nearby Bento Box places... and probably cheaper.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife and I went last night. Nothing extraordinary, but the sushi was better-than-acceptable and the prices as well. I had a crab/apple salad (12 francs) and a large 18-piece sushi assortment (32 chf) and left full and happy.

We were lucky to find a place on the terrace, (most places were reserved). So, if you go on the weekend, make sure to reserve a place outside, as there is nothing great about the interior.

We had good and attentive service. The waitress even let me charge my iphone in the back office. Thanks for that.

Otherwise, a very large selection of sushi, salads, japanese fondue and other hot dishes.

• Visited August 2013

Annemasse, France
“Really fresh and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Went there twice already within 4 month. It is situated in the hot district of Geneva but this place even though look singular offers great plates!

• Visited January 2013
Madrid, Spain
“A very good option for Sushi, slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

I got to know Kirin Restaurant just by chance walking around the zone. However, it was quite a pleasant surprise. The food was very good, carefully prepared, and with top quality ingredients. I will certainly return to try out more options of the menu. The service, however, needs improvement. Not very professional, and be prepared to wait: despite being a weekday with not very much customers it took about 25 minutes to receive our order. If you are willing to wait I may say the food was worth it. Prices are very reasonable being Geneva.

• Visited March 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“25min wait on a Monday night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

Arriving after a long day at work we just wanted to have a quick dinner - our order took more than 25 min to arrive, which is too long for a couple if simple sushis.

The owner offered free fish skewers which was a nice touch - but we were still hungry!

Food overall was good - but not worth the wait!

“Average Sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

So I went today with an ex collage from an investment bank.

It was a business lunch and we both love sushi, hoping we would be inpressed.

His sushi was average. I had spicy tuna california maki roles and were nice.

The hot plate of beet crustiant was strangely sour, and should be like soya sauce with Teriaki sweet. I was worried it was old beef/meet. And im tonight not feeling great.

The location is good, service was good, the japanese deco was good.
However the service was all chinese for a Japanese sushi restaruant, strange.

I will not go back, there are better sushi restarants in Geneva for 30% less cost, like Miyako or Ekai or Wasabi.

• Visited October 2012