“Has more potential to be the Best in town!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fuji

Fuji
Reserve with
Fuji is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #422 of 1,667 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: James-Fazy
santa clara
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Has more potential to be the Best in town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were referred to this restaurant by our hotel, and at first we had a hard time finding it...the entrance is at the back door of this other Italian restaurant, and so we didn't know to go up on the top. We thought it was very expensive, at first...but when the food came, we were very pleased with our selection.
Good food, good service, but we felt bad for the place, because it is not visible to the public and also didn't get that much crowd as it deserves. I think the owner should consider a different marketing tactic to make it more appealing to the public in terms being "digitally advanced" - perhaps consider change of location or a sushi boat, or have iPad games or etc there...Its an authentic - nice place to dine. I enjoyed the soup in a pot...the Tempura was fresh and tasty...we had a few rolls and they were made fresh and delicious.
Total for 3 people with adequate amount of food was 130CHF! A bit on the high end, but then again it is Geneva - and "Switzerland"! Overall, we liked it and if were to go again, we would definitely consider.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank critiq

Willaston
“Good rather than outstanding”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had a sashimi selection, miso and a carafe of Sake. All were fine but I wasn't 'blown away'. Was surprised that I had to request a dish so that I could mix wasabi & soy. Also sashimi was not served with pickled ginger which apparently is an extra? That said, the sashimi was prepared well and tasted fine. Had a sorbet with plum wine for dessert and which I have to say was surprisingly good.

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sushi in Geneva”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

The entrance is rather dodgy but once you get past that the food is amazing! Don't judge a book buy its cover! I used to live in japan and the food is an amazing comparison. Yes it is expensive but I think sushi in Geneva generally is expensive. Very recommendable-can't wait to come again

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rsouth08
London, United Kingdom
“This is not run by Japanese people”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

One of the worst "Japanese" restaurant I have visited!! Japanese food "LOOKED" like Japanese but it was very amateur!! Even the menu had some Chinese dishes and it was simply awful. If you know Japanese food then DO NOT try even if it is for free. We have wasted our money here and left after having one dish!! They even had some names of the dishes wrong!! They even serve dishes in a typical Chinese manner as well!! (If you know many Chinese restaurants then you know what I mean!!)

• Visited March 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“A disappointing Japanese culinary experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Not that easy to find a place where to eat in Geneva on Sunday evening. I remembered this place because it's been there for ages. Actually I'm wondering if it's not the oldest Japanese restaurant in this city...

Well the place is not that great. Tables are old. Food is nothing special. Prices are expensive compared to the quality of the place and the food. Service was just ok. Plenty of other good Japanese restaurant in Geneva, but not opened on Sunday!

• Visited January 2014