“friendly people”

Ranked #6 of 13 Engelberg B&B and Inns
Trout Creek, Canada
“friendly people”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

nice clean room, very friendly service, I stayed for 4 nights, great breakfast..lots of choices
location perfect , close to everything. very reasonable price for engelberg.
especially waitress Vreni is a gem.

Room Tip: room with a view on the mountains
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed for only 2 nights, last week, with 3 children. Everything was very clean, breakfast was just what we needed, the view from both sides of the building is impressive, location is perfect, but what we'll probably remember more is the great smile of the owner, when you check-in, check-out, at breakfast, and always.
A real pleasure, in a country where everything is so beautiful.
We'll definitely come back !

Room Tip: both sides are great, maybe the Hahneh side is a little better
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Biel, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I had the chance to get a room with view to the Hahnen-Mountain. The view is just georgous, especially in the morning before some fog cover parts of the mountains. Splendid place to go for hiking, to climb the Titlis (by cablecar hehehe) or just to relax. The food I got was excellent and to a normal price.
Congratulations to the staff: they are so polite and helpful. I will come back!

Room Tip: The room looking to the Hahnen-Mountain
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Hotel Hahnenblick is a new hotel in Engelberg so when I booked this hotel I was working off of limited reviews and history but was not dissappointed. I found it nice, clean and friendly.

The staff were helpful over the 4 day ski vacation my wife, brother in-law and sister in-law took here winter 2012/13.

It is a bit far from the center of town or the Titlis/Engelberg lifts (especially if you arrive without a car after the bus system shuts down at 6pm or so) but it is idealy located for the Bruni lifts.

The biggest dissappointment was breakfast/the in house resaurant. They had a nice cold cuts and croissant breakfast layout but for the money I would have hoped for more. I would have killed for an omlette or sausages or something. Their lunch dinner options were similarly lacking.

Overall if they can sort out the resaurant I think I would have been extremely pleased with the stay. As it stands, still quite happy, just not as much value for price as I would have hoped.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor facing Brunni for the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Can't believe I'm the first one review this hotel, especially such a nice running one.

Once I step into the hotel door, the owner give me a nice greeting and we feel like home. He also introduce us the ski facilities around, and give us discount coupons for the ski shops. The hotel is large in B&B standard which have elevator. It is also relatively modern in B&B standard with smart card locks, etc.

The hotel room is clean and spacious, with a big balcony with really nice mountain view, bed big and comfortable.

Location-wise it is about 1km from town center, a little far for walking in snow. But since we drove a car so not a problem for us. Across the street there is a ski area, but we went to a bigger one near town center, which goes to the Mount Titlis.

There is a restaurant in the hotel, which breakfast is included. The breakfast is good but not perfect. We also tried the Swiss hotpot on the night of our arrival, the fire of the hotpot is not working that I have to lit it up every 3 minute. Frankly the food quality of the restaurant is less than perfect but still acceptable. I think there is much room for improvement.

Staffs are really friendly and helpful. I have a small daughter, which the hotel could charge for her, but since she is sleeping with us, the owner waive her fee and only charge for her breakfast. That is one of the reason I give this hotel a perfect rating, because down to earth, it is not about modern hardware and fancy gadgets, but the guest experience that matter most. This hotel get this right, so deserve a perfect rating.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family