After 12 hrs of journey by bus, we reached this hotel and were served by hot India chai. What more could we have wanted? The view from the hotel was breathtaking. Rooms were nice, breakfast was very good with an Indian dish. Most important was the hospitality. On our departure day it was raining heavily. Frau Sussane, the owner of the hotel drove 25 of us in multiple trips to the base of hillock where our bus was standing. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Although much has changed within the past 100 years - e.g. the new wellness area or the games room for the kids - one thing remains successful: The Charming way of Swiss hospitality. "Extraordinary personal" as we say. May we introduce you to our Hotel Edelweiss: Built in 1901 in the Art Nouveau style, our is offering magnificent views of Engelberg's "angel mountains" from every window. Thanks to the quiet location you are able to profit of relaxing holidays away from traffic in a pleasant surroundings. We love to spoil you in our cozy hotel lounge bar with open fireplace. Treat yourself with one of the various cocktails and the warm atmosphere. Enjoy a creative 4-course-menu with a tasty bottle wine in our dining room with a panoramic view in the mountains. For families Spacious rooms and family apartments, secluded hotel garden, 4 kids' playrooms catering to different age groups - Duplo area, Xbox area etc. Supervised games and handicrafts from 5pm to 9pm for 6 days in winter and 5 days in summer. Special kids' menus, week programme with mountain hut evenings, railways dinners, bike tours and skiing. Kids' shuttlebus to the ski schools. For lovers of Typically Swiss Hotels For over a hundred years now, this quiet hotel has been providing hospitality at 1,000 metres above sea level. The Art Nouveau dining room and antique details bear eloquent witness to a bygone era. However, the compact wellness area and practical family rooms prove that time has not stood still here. The motto of this "outrageously personal" holiday hotel is very evident – no matter whether the programme features torchlight hikes or freeride tours - the hosts are sure to be involved! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MyHotelShop, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Edelweiss Engelberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edelweiss Engelberg Hotel Engelberg
- Edelweiss Hotel Engelberg