“Below average....”

Restaurant Rathaus Brauerei Luzern
Ranked #20 of 418 Restaurants in Lucerne
Price range: US$16 - US$83
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The menu in our restaurant is the perfect complement to the seasonal specialities from our on-site brewery: traditional dishes and sausage specialities made after recipes from Lucerne's master butchers. Home-made waffles and other sweet desserts round off our selection. Small but impressive: our wine list.
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to eat here after a long journey because it is really central, but we were really disappointed! There was a small choice of meals, the taste was disgusting and there was only one sort of beer (in a beerhouse!!!!). We would not go again...

1  Thank xristosk6

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I liked the setting and the location, but the food and service was average. The wine price was 6,90 and beer 6,10 Swiss francs. I had the Fleischkase and my wife had the Ratsherren Brezel.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This place is okay. After having an awesome brewery experience in Berne we were excited to try this one. The tap list is short, two beers available so we each tried one. Both beers were average, definitely drinkable but not interesting or exceptional.

I had the swiss macaroni and cheese dish and it was delicious.

There are probably more unique and exciting dining experiences to be had in Lucerne.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Nice outdoor seating. The waiters speak good English but the menu is only in German. I liked how chill and relaxed it was.
I ordered the Brezel gefüllt mit Schinken (Pretzel with ham) (10.50 CHF), which was SMOTHERED in butter. My friends ordered the Pretzel with cheese and they also had the butter problem. But we all thought that the butter was overwhelming. My boyfriend got the «Ratsherren-Brezel»
mit Siedfleisch, Tartarsauce und Zwiebelringen (Pretzel with steamed beef, tartar sauce, lettuce and onions) (11.50 CHF). It was good and I would recommend it over my plain Pretzel with ham for an extra CHF.
Overall, I would recommend this place for a small lunch and a beer to relax.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

They have other things too, but this is Swiss gemuetlichkeit at its best. Not fancy, not expensive (by swiss standards).