“Not really what I ordered!”
Review of Da Ernesto

Da Ernesto
Ranked #215 of 404 Restaurants in Lucerne
Price range: US$10 - US$46
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Italianita. La Vita è bella!Wir leben die Herzlichkeit, die Warme und die offene Art des Italieners. We overlook Lucerne`s river Reuss, chapel bridge and Mt. Pilatus!
luzern
“Not really what I ordered!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I heard a long time ago that the food was not good here, but someone told me recently it is now much better so we decided to try it… The service was friendly enough and the food arrived after a fairly short wait, however when I ask for Carbonara sauce I expect a cream sauce not what I can only describe as cheese soup and pasta. I ate it and for the most part it was not too bad… When I finished and the waitress collected my plate I mentioned that since I asked for Carbonara why did my sauce have cheese in it, to which I got the reply Carbonara sauce HAS got cheese in it. In all my years of eating out, cooking and working in Service this is the first time i saw cheese in a Carbonara sauce!! I would not recommend this place if you like Good Italian food, if you are hungry then its good and my friend who recommended it says she always eats Pizzas, so maybe try that and stay clear of the pasta!!

• Visited January 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Arth, Switzerland
“You get what you don't want”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This location seems at first fair enough. Considering their prices you might expect something a bit above average quality. In the end you don't get anything bad tasting. But this is not because it is good but more the fact that it tastes like nothing. The portion of the food is not worth the money and the personnel does not even understand your complaint by covering it with a smile babbeling yes.

• Visited December 2013
zurich
“everything great!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

we just passed by and thought we could give it a try. the result was great. top Service, very nice Food and upstairs overlooking the Bridge. many thnx!

• Visited November 2013
Gibraltar, Europe
“Nice Italian food”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had not booked but were hungry and found they had room. Good location and friendly staff. I have to say it was the only waiter who added himself a tip in the whole of the week though - but he had made the effort so I forgave him.

Food was good and plentiful. I wish we had hD enough room for a dessert because they did
Look good.

It was expensive compared to prices in Europe 65 francs for the two of us, but that was the price you seemed to have pay everywhere in Lucerne.

• Visited October 2013
Strasbourg, France
“Great wines and great view”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

typical Italian food, great red wines, the dishes are good and presentation is very nice;.. staff could be quicker but is nice.... the restaurant is just in front of the wooden Birdge and has a great view on the lake... what else would you need ??

Visited November 2013