“Lovely hotel”

Texas
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay.
The hotel is located close to Old Town and the train station so you can walk everywhere.
The rooms are a good size with plenty of electrical outlets and the AC works well. We could
not figure out how to make it come on but we called the front desk and they explained it straight away.
The restaurant and bar are both quite nice and good places to done/visit with friends.
We will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Pam W
AlthoffHotelGroup, Manager at Ameron Hotel Flora Luzern, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear guest
thank you very much for your nice review and the good recommendation. We are very happy about your praise about our offer and service. Hope to welcome you back soon again. Very best regards - Yours Jessica Ternes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fairborn, Ohio
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Arrived 4 hours ago. Still no rooms. We checked in at 10 am. You would think they would clean our rooms knowing we were here. No way. Crappy attitude by hotel staff. Thank God we are only spending one night. Thez even removed the exclamation point from the keyboard so we could not use.......

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank travelforfun000
Dear guest

we feel sorry to learn by your review that we were not able to satisfy you and even more, that we missed out on property to meet you and find a suitable solution. Your well-being is our biggest motivation. Please accept our sincere apologies if we did not meet your expactations.
Best regards, Jessica Ternes - General Manager-
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is in the heart of Lucern! Great great location and I cannot stress that for myself. I travelled with Taipan tours and this hotel was selected for us and it was a great choice! The location is steps away from shops and the shore for a great walk for scenery of the mountains and the Lucern Lake. However, there are a few concerns there is no air conditioning or central heating! Even in May is a bit hot at night and the air conditioning does not work in our rooms and heard the same complaint with other people on our tour with us. Wifi is free and efficient and fast. The carpet in our room was so dirty and disgusting I suggest everyone to bring slippers and not to walk on it! The restaurant for dinner especially on a tour is okay, not fantastic but the breakfast was great maybe a 7 out of 10. I would recommend this hotel to others but be aware of the no air conditioning and dirty carpets!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank K L
Dear guest
thank you very much for your feedback and your praising words about our location We are very surprised by your remarks about the carpets and we will double check with our housekeeing service as this does not meet our understanding of quality.
Futhermore, you have been with us during the time the weather changes and our airconditioning system needs several hours to adapt. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Nevertheless we are very happy that you were so satisfied with our other facilities. Very best regards - Yours Jessica Ternes -
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We booked this hotel via Expedia and stayed in what I think was the most basic room. The location is fair, with reasonable proximity to the town centre however is on a side street that looked somewhat dodgy. There was some construction work going on in the street as well that I recall made quite a bit of noise during the day.
Decor was fine but a bit confusing and eclectic.
Bathrooms were average.
The breakfast buffet was decent quality with fairly good range.

One thing that irked us was the wall sockets. Most power adaptors like the basic round Korjo ones won't fit into the narrow sockets in the room (see photo). Thankfully there was one normal socket in the bathroom so we charged all of our electronics on the shelf above the sink. Perhaps the hotel provides guests with special adaptors upon request but this was something that did annoy us. We have nothing against this hotel but the inconvenience would probably sway us to try out a different hotel in the future. Perhaps adaptors could be offered to guests upfront?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest

thank you very much for your review and the time sharing your experiences. We are very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay. Of course, we offer our guest the service of adapters - you get them for free rental at the front desk.

As most of our clients do have an international adapter with them, we do not mention it upon arrival. Thank you for your understandin. Best regards - Yours Jessica Ternes-General Manager-
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a two-night stay in this hotel (May 9-11), and we have very mixed feelings about it. The location is convenient, but not charming. The entrance to the hotel is on a very ordinary side street that has little to offer, but it is only steps away from the main thoroughfare (the street that runs along the river), and the tower bridge. We were very pleased with the location. The room was clean and quiet; standard for Europe with regard to size (that is, small by North American standards, but normal for European standards). The breakfast was also very good; nice selection of breads, cheeses, meats, fruit, etc., and ample schedule. The primary problem with this hotel is the service; the concierge staff was absolutely USELESS. The most positive thing I can say about the staff is that they were "correct", they spoke proper English, and performed the minimum duties of their job (e.g., they checked us in and checked us out). Beyond that, they were fairly cold and unfriendly (most of the time they did not make eye contact with passing guests or didn't even look up from whatever paper they were looking at), and gave guests the feeling that they didn't want to be bothered. There was also a very clear difference in the way they treated Swiss guests versus foreigners. In general, they were very unhelpful. For example, after arriving, I called the concierge to ask for a toiletry item, an adaptor, and a wine bottle opener. She responded by telling me that since she had no idea what kind of adaptor I needed, I would have to come down to the front desk to get it myself. I told her that the appliance was European (we live in Spain), and that I suspected I didn't even need an adaptor, but asked her if she could confirm the voltage in Switzerland for me. She told me she couldn't answer my question and just to come down. (In the end, we did take the appliance to the front desk, and she plugged it in and realized we didn't need an adaptor anyway.) Then she told me that I would have to take the bottle of wine to the restaurant to be opened. Then she told me that while I was down there, I might as well pick up the shower cap. Later that afternoon, I read in the hotel's guide book that hotel staff can assist in booking boat tours, mountain tours, etc. On three occasions we asked different hotel staff for help with this, and each one did exactly the same thing: they took out a brochure, pointed to a place on the map, and told us to contact the tour company. It's worth noting that the hotel was full of tour groups; I suppose the staff are not accustomed to having to provide any type of service to their guests because it is usually handled by the tour operators. Finally, and by our standards, the worst offense for a concierge, when we asked for restaurant recommendations the first day, they had none. We tried again, asking if there were a good restaurant in Lucerne where we could have good fondue (we are not fondue novices!), and the concierge recommended we go to the restaurant-boat (Wilhem Tell) on the lake. Since we already didn't really trust their recommendations, we looked up the fondue restaurants on Tripadvisor and found out that all the fondue restaurants in Lucerne received very bad ratings, and most travelers recommended skipping the fondue when in Lucerne. We would have expected a more sincere recommendation from the staff, as well as much more accommodating service. I would not rate this as a four-star hotel by any means. In sum, if you are looking for a clean room and a good location, and if you can get a very good deal, this hotel is very acceptable. But the service was definitely disappointing. We won't return to this hotel if we can find something else comparable in price and location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Direktion_Flora, Manager at Ameron Hotel Flora Luzern, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear guest

thank you very much for your open words and feedback. Your detailed description will allow us to re-adjust our standards as your expriences do not mat at all with our understanding of quality and service.
Please accept our apologies and we would be happy if you give us the chance to show you on an upcoming stay that we are able to do better. Sincerely yours, Jessica Ternes and Team
Queensland
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The delux room was a little disappointing in size but was comfortable.Walking distance to Old Town ,railway station,trams and lake. Breakfast good with healthy alternatives. Modern and convenient with wonderful beds. Reasonable sized bathroom. Entrance on side street but easy to find as was well sign posted.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Direktion_Flora, Manager at Ameron Hotel Flora Luzern, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear guest

thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the comforts we offer.
Please note that our Smart Komfort rooms are a quite larger that our Standard rooms.
Hope to welcome you back soon again. Best regards, Jessica Ternes - General Manager -
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for two nights. It was the most expensive hotel I have stayed in Switzerland. However, it was the worst experience I have ever had in Switzerland.
I arrived the hotel at about 1310, and I found that the wifi was not working in my room. To define what is not working, it means no wifi signal could be received from my phone and ipad. I called the reception and that lady called me to try to connect the wifi in corridor or hotel lobby. I responded immediately that I couldn't find the point to try in other places because I wanted to use internet in my room. However, she insisted me to do so, so I went to the corridor and tried. I did able to connect the wifi at corridor, however once I stepped in my room, the wifi lost signal. I called the reception again at about 1325, that lady promised to send someone here to fix the problem. However, no one came until 1430. I had no time to wait anymore and I went to reception to ask again. Two ladies at there promised to send someone to fix the problem. I went out of the hotel after that.
I came back to my room 114 at 1930, the wifi was same as before, which means it was not working. I went to the reception again. A lady, who was not the previous two staff replied me that they sent someone to my room and found that there was no problem with the wifi, and we were the only guests who complained on wifi. She questioned was it the problem of my phone. This made us angry because in our hands there were two mobile phones and one ipad, it was impossible for them to have problems at the same time. And actually did they really send someone to my room was remain in doubt because I am sure that they was no wifi signal in room 114. At last she said there was no problems in my room but if I want to change the room, she can change for me. I moved to room 127 afterward and it was able to receive wifi signal at room 127.
As a so-call four stars business hotel, I was very dissatisfied with the attitude and service provided by these three ladies from reception. Wifi is something very basic in a business hotel, but they refused to look into the problem of my room, but started with blaming my electronic devices. I paid CHF 497.7 for two night stay in this hotel and I look for a comfortable stay here. But turn out it was a very unpleasant stay.
Apart from that, the rubbish bins at room were very small which was able to dispose one cup noodle only; the shower of room 127 was leaking; the ventilator of toilet was very weak that it remained smelly for hours; no kettles were available in room and I needed to go to the restaurant by myself to get hot water when I asked for hot water from reception.
One good thing of this hotel is its breakfast, there were quite a lot of choices of food. In addition, it is at a convenient location. It takes about 3 minutes to reach the hotel from Luzern train station.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leeyan815
Dear guest

thank you very much for taking the time to send us a feedback. I am very sorry to hear that our staff was not overly helpful when you explained your WIFI connection problem. This does not meet our requirements of a high quality of service. Please be asured that this incident will have all my attention and I apologize for not recognizing during your stay.
The well-being of our guest is very important to us and your review will allow us to re-adjust our standards.

Thanks a lot for your open words and very best regards, Jessica Ternes and Team