“Family italian experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent service by Sylvia. Typical italian restaurant ambience. Very good food. Take your beloved there but only for the food! Noisy, busy & typical italian. Lovely experience. Would go again anytime & highly recommend it.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

A Lucerne institution. Controversially renovated under new owners it retains much character.

We ate here twice during our stay. Solid Italian cooking, wine list and attentive service.

An outstanding location to see the parade on the last night of Fasnacht (Carnival) if you can get in.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I were in Lucerne for our twenty fifth wedding anniversary and we were on our way to the Old Swiss House. When we saw they wanted 54chf for a schnitzel we decided to go back to Barbatti that had caught our eye on the way. Very nice ambience seated right away. My wife ordered veal scaloppini in a mustard sauce and I had the sole meuniere and a couple of glasses of house wine. The service was good and the food we had was quite delicious. The sole was excellent and nicely filleted next to the table.The one thing that was annoying was when they bought bread to the table and I asked for grated parmesan cheese they said that would be extra. We paid just over 100 chf for the meal and left satisfied but did not get any parmesan!!!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were there on a Wednesday night. It is a lovely restaurant, very charming and not too big. Service is a little slow and disjointed, but the sever's personality made up for that.
I shared the anti pasta with a friend, it was good, but nothing special. My husband had the grilled vegetables which was very good. I had the prawn casserole (baked prawns with olive oil and spices - very good! My husband and friend had the linguine prawns, which they both enjoyed.
Desserts are excellent. The lemon tart is very tangy - so if you like lemons, get it.
The restaurant is in a beautiful location, on a square in old town.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Perfect Italian cuisine, try the escalopes and THE risotto! Very Nice wine list... Even THE small are classy !
THE maître d hotel is like Ceasar... Or you get. THE full monty with all THE show, egards and service... Or hè forgets you, is rude to the Waiters and is frustrated by. Who knows ... Even my waiter was embarrassed by his high fawlty towers level