“Good Hotel. no A/C”

ibis Styles Luzern City
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Lucerne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed at his hotel a number of times over the past few years going back to when it was the NH hotel.

Usually my stay has been in November so I hadn't noticed the lack of air conditioning but unfortunately on this stay I really did. The first night was uncomfortably hot even after the hotel had provided a desk fan. I had a room overlooking the courtyard which i think also restricts airflow into the room.

What puzzled me more was what looked like an air conditioning control on the wall. Admittedly no where on expedia or the accor website does it say that this hotel has air conditioning.

I had a good size room, 511, but my colleague had a slightly smaller room where the double bed is pushed up against the wall. My room was also next to the lifts but I didn't hear any noise from it.

I often have a bugbear about hotel showers and the lack of a thermostatic mixer......for some reason in this hotel I found the lack of this a real problem. The shower would go from cold to scaldingly hot in a matter of seconds. I would be very wary about letting a young child shower by themselves for fear of getting burnt.

I am not a lover of net curtains but feel that the rooms looking over the courtyard could benefit from these just to give some privacy without having to keep the blackout curtains shut to stop people from the properties across the way looking in.

Location wise the hotel is very central.

I have come away from this visit feeling probably more disappointed than normal as i had previously had good stays here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DynamicAV
Peter T, Manager at ibis Styles Luzern City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Luzern. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.Our air conditioning in the rooms are unfortunatly still under construction and will most probably be working beginning of July. We had a bit of delay due to some technical problems.You are right, we will only comunicate that we have a air con when it is working. Untill than we provide Fans on request.

At ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Hotel ibis Styles luzern City

There are newer reviews for ibis Styles Luzern City

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We normally never book hotels without going through Trip Advisor reviews...this is one of the rare ones we booked trusting on the Ibis brand name.

We just checked in an hour back... can you imagine.....this is a NON AC hotel? If you feel hot, they give you fans !!!

Really really disappointed. There are good features too in this hotel... no doubt...but at this moment, staying in a non AC room and having to use table fans is definitely the highlight.

Good - there are tea/coffee facilities at the reception.

Good - location.

Good - very clean.

Good - fast wifi

Bad - room is somehow very bland..with white walls and one painted side...not a single painting.... a room without a character, I would say.

Breakfast - will update tomorromw after we have it.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank LalitaLahiri
Peter T, Manager at ibis Styles Luzern City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hotel ibis Styles lucerne city

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice mid size hotel. Good location. Near to lake, market, main road etc. When I requested for a bigger room, they immediately agreed. Free wi-fi. Well maintained rooms. Would recommend for a stay.

Room Tip: May not offer a good view from any room (I guess) as it is situated inside a inner road and there ar...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jaish23

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Luzern.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the hotel ibis Styles lucerne city.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The most hurting thing when you enter the hotel room is its size.

The amenities are good but the size of the room is a major disappointment.

The location is decent as major markets and lake Lucerne are in close proximity.

It is a little far from the railway station but the bus stop is near to the hotel.

Breakfast is good.

Very decent property if you are running on tight budgets and room size does not matter to you.

Cooperative staff and good wifi facilities.

Room Tip: You don't choose this property for the view of the room. All rooms are the same and small in siz...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shashanktravels

Dear guest

hotel ibis styles lucerne city

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel was very nice, excellent location, clean, and fairly friendly. Within walking distance of most of the downtown. The rooms were small as most European hotels are. Would stay there again given the chance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Peter Tanner GM

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I stay there whenever I visit for business purposes. Very plain hotel with funky purple or fluorescent green tiny rooms. You get a clean room, wifi and basic breakfast. Ok for short stays. Hotel is in a quiet area close to old town. Nothing special but clean and if free price is right, go for it

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Nothing wrong with the hotel. It's in a small street, which is relatively quiet. Reasonably sized room correctly furnished and typical for Ibis hotels very functional. Good sized bathroom, with a real window.
Breakfast buffet was fairly copious.
Location is good, everything within walking distance, about 10 minutes to main-line station and lake boats.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends